TeleSpeak Develops WebRTC-based Cloud Services for Vertical Markets
November 25, 2014
TeleSpeak, a cloud business communications provider based in Orlando, FL, is making some major changes – in technology and in target market. TeleSpeak is developing and marketing cloud-based services around several key verticals that have high growth potential, namely contact center, telemedicine and education. The targeted solutions are based on real-time Web-based communications or WebRTC, an emerging open standard and Application Programming Interface (API) that promises new and simpler ways of communicating that will improve customer service and collaboration.
TeleSpeak is a relatively young company, founded in 2010. The company initially entered the market with a cloud PBX service based on Asterisk (News - Alert) software, and subsequently developed a contact center offer (also based on Asterisk). The next versions of TeleSpeak’s ‘PBX Anywhere’ and ‘Contact Center Anywhere’ will be WebRTC-based, as well as several new vertical-specific ‘Anywhere’ services that the company views as differentiators from many competing cloud providers that position a hosted PBX (News - Alert) as their central offering.
Subscription-based hosted/cloud unified communications services continue to gain in popularity as an alternative to purchasing on-premises equipment (more on this trend here and here), and analyst findings indicate that adoption within a variety of verticals is accelerating, including healthcare and education, which are projected to have very large growth potential. For example, Market analyst firm BCC Research estimates the global telehospital/clinic and telehome market will grow to $43.4 billion in 2019, up from $16.3 billion in 2013 and $19.2 billion in 2014; this includes home-based telehealth technology that will rise to $24 billion by 2019 (up from $6.5 billion in 2013). Research by Docebo on e-Learning market trends finds this to be the fastest growing market segment in the Human Resource macro segment, and says adoption of the Software-as-a-Service (SaaS (News - Alert)) model is playing a significant role; the worldwide market for self-paced e-Learning has a 5-year compound annual growth rate of about 7.6 percent with revenues projected to reach $51.5 billion by 2016.
TeleSpeak solutions are sold primarily through channel partners to small, mid-size and larger enterprises in North America and Europe. TeleSpeak also owns a technical support contact center service in Orlando.
‘Anywhere’ Cloud Services
TeleSpeak CEO Chance Myers emphasizes that the original PBX Anywhere software no longer represents TeleSpeak’s lead offer, though it is the underlying call control software for all of the vertical-specific cloud-based services in its portfolio. Services include ‘Office Anywhere’ for group collaboration, ‘Contact Center Anywhere’, ‘HealthCare Anywhere’ and ‘Classroom Anywhere’. Customers can subscribe monthly or annually to any of these services with or without PBX functionality.
The TeleSpeak Portfolio:
- Office Anywhere is a conferencing and collaboration application designed to connect distributed teams into a single virtual space (30 participants per meeting). Participants can view the presence status of others on the system and connect using voice, video and chat technology and share screens – all from an intuitive User Interface. There is no need to dial-in or enter conference codes. Office Anywhere can be accessed from a Windows PC or Mac Computer, or for mobile users, from an Apple iOS or Android (News - Alert) device.
- The interactive and visual User Interface stands out. The User Interface presents a visual of an actual office space, with cubicles, workers at their desks, a lobby area and several conference rooms. Users can “see” their colleagues in the space, including whether their headsets, microphones or webcams are on or off, whether they are already engaged in a conference, or whether their “door” is open or closed (indicating they are occupied with other projects). Users click from room to room to drag and drop available participants into the virtual conference room areas. Click here to get a better idea of this unique User Interface.
- HealthCare Anywhere is a virtual clinical space where physicians and clinicians can interact with patients via voice and video for diagnoses, follow-ups and ongoing healthcare management. Bluetooth-enabled medical devices such as blood pressure or heart monitors will transmit actual measurements to the physician in a virtual exam room. Similar to Office Anywhere, healthcare professionals can conference with other colleagues using voice, video and chat technology and share screens from the intuitive UI, and patients can directly access benefits administrators, insurance specialists and registration personnel within this virtual healthcare office environment. HealthCare Anywhere will be released in the first quarter of 2015.
- Classroom Anywhere is an e-learning platform based on the Office Anywhere concept that creates a virtual learning space where students and teachers can easily participate in video meetings, hold private, small group or whole classroom chat sessions and access courseware.
- Contact Center Anywhere is a contact center software suite for inbound and outbound agent-customer interactions. Capabilities include Skills Based Routing, Queue Prioritization, Virtual/Personal Queues, Agent Hot-Desking and Customizable IVR, a Predictive Dialer for outbound campaigns, a built-in Script Builder for developing agent scripts and real-time monitoring and reporting. Contact Center Anywhere is available in both cloud and premises-based deployments. The WebRTC version will be available early first quarter 2015.
- PBX Anywhere is a hosted IP-PBX service that offers all the functionality of a typical office phone system with unlimited inbound/outbound calling and typical call control features (call transfer, park, forwarding, music-on-hold, etc.), but with the benefits of a cloud-based service such as reduced capital expenses, fewer IT personnel and predictable monthly fees, as well as on-demand scalability and built-in disaster recovery, to name a few. More advanced capabilities, such as mobile device integration and call recording, are all part of the same monthly fee. End users can choose from a range of desktop devices; phones from Polycom (News - Alert), Yealink and Mitel (Aastra) are supported.
- Home Anywhere is a virtual home experience based on the Office Anywhere concept, but the User Interface depicts living rooms, kitchens and other areas of a home where family members and friends can join in virtual chats, to watch movies together, share photos or music and more. TeleSpeak will offer a free 30-day trial with no obligation in early 2015.
Look for new and enhanced solutions in the coming months from TeleSpeak, including more vertical market solutions, as well as integration with other cloud-based database management and business process management solutions.
Edited by Maurice Nagle
Article comments powered by