February 22, 2013
PMI San Diego Achieves Improved Work Management Capabilities with EPM Live
By Madhubanti Rudra
The San Diego Chapter of PMI, working for driving project management efficiency since 1986, has reportedly made a major investment in a new piece of PPM (News - Alert) Work Management software from EPM Live.
A registered education provider (REP) for PMI, EPM Live has deployed project management tools for many other PMI Chapters in the past.
With this new investment, PMI-SD expects to achieve improved online work collaboration. EPM Live’s project portfolio management platform will also enable PMI-SD to enhance its social project management capabilities.
Above all, the REP will help PMI-SD manage the various aspects of its annual conference – a big event that draws hundreds of PM practitioners.
Over the years, PMI-San Diego's annual event continued to grow, necessitating the tracking and management of historical data. It also called for the creation of a centralized storage for all important event information.
The conference committee, consisting mainly of volunteer members, was in the need of a collaboration solution to keep team members in sync with one another. There was a need for one centralized platform as well, that would allow all team members to easily access all the project information and details.
With the implementation of EPM Live, PMI-SD achieved remarkable business results in terms of global visibility, system consolidation, document management and workspace management.
- System Consolidation – The replacement of Google (News - Alert) Docs with EPM Live enabled PMI-SD achieve a simple end-user experience. Leveraging the QuickStart deployment option, PMI-San Diego could better plan and coordinate event details.
- Global Visibility – With EPM Live, the committee was able to create global event visibility for all the volunteers to easily see when and where the meetings were taking place.
- Contact Management – EPM Live enable the conference committee to create a centralized contacts list that gave the committee members easy access to accurate team member information for more effective communication and collaboration.
- Historical Record Keeping – As the organizer of a huge industry event, PMI-SD conference committee was tasked with creating a centralized storage that will preserve detailed historical data on past event speakers and proposed speakers moving forward. EPM Live allows historical data to be tracked, reviewed and leveraged by future events.
- Document Management – EPM Live allows the committee members to easily upload and collaborate on all important articles and documents, as well as apply version control for data accuracy.
- Workspaces – The PMI-San Diego conference team members often work remotely. For this, the members needed focused workspaces to better collaborate on different segments of the event. EPM Live's award-winning technology helped create workspaces to track and organize registration details, potential risks, tutorials, print media, marketing and other critical event information.
Last year, EPM Live was reviewed by independent analysts at GetApp based on a script that was specifically prepared to identify functionalities and form an impartial analysis for project management solutions.
Analysts said that EPM Live was ideally suited for small through enterprise-sized businesses, and EPM Live is unique in its capacity to accommodate organizations that do not follow or understand true project management methodology.
Edited by Braden Becker