April 05, 2010
Oracle Makes Social Services More Effective with New Oracle Social Services Suite
By Brendan B. Read
Senior Contributing Editor
Overworked, with too frequently heart-wrenching cases yet cash-strapped, social service agencies now have a new solution that has been expressly designed to help them accomplish more for their clients with the same resources. Oracle's Oracle (News - Alert) Social Services Suite provides them with a complete, open and integrated platform for eligibility and case management to simplify eligibility determination increase caseworker efficiency and improve program effectiveness. The Social Services Suite also includes updated versions of Oracle's Siebel CRM Public Sector 8.2 and Oracle Policy Automation 10.
Here are the Oracle Social Services Suite and Siebel CRM Public Sector 8.2 features and benefits:
* Helps ensure clients quickly receive the correct entitlements through client self-service with automated eligibility determination across channel. It includes the capability to automatically re-determine eligibility and benefits when there are changes in circumstances. It also enables management of changing policy rules while ensuring accurate and consistent determinations
* Delivers supportive and protective services for children and their families via child welfare risk assessments, jointly designed service plans with agreed upon goals, activities and compliance, as well as management of case allegations for better child protection
* Manages supporting partner and provider ecosystems with assessments referrals and success-rate tracking
* Tailors business process workflows and unique client data needs for an agency through configuration, not customization
* Enables quick and accurate implementation of legislative and regulatory policies throughout the agency and across applications in an organization
* View a complete 360-degree view of clients and their families through a citizen-centric case management foundation that is capable of bridging legacy program silos and systems
* A Public Sector Application Integration Architecture Foundation Pack that now includes Public Sector enterprise business objects support and integration between Siebel CRM Enterprise Case Management and Accounts Payable, Procurement and Tax
* In Siebel CRM Public Sector 8.2, benefit eligibility is automated via integration with Oracle Policy Automation 10 to handle complex program rules and changes in circumstances
"Social service agencies have not only many of the most complex jobs to perform with limited time and funding, but also some of the most important for our society, especially when children are involved," said Anthony Lye, senior vice president of CRM, Oracle. "The technology advances Oracle provides will help these agencies increase their own efficiency and save costs, while helping to improve the outcome for their clients."
The Kansas Department of Labor is upgrading to Siebel CRM Public Sector 8.2 as part of what it says is a significant modernization initiative that will help it place an even greater focus on excellent customer service.
"We expect that the new Siebel application will equip our staff with the knowledge they need including more comprehensive and up-to-date data on case progress so they can address constituent questions and needs much more quickly and effectively," said George Hubka, chief information officer, Kansas Department of Labor.
Brendan B. Read is TMCnet's Senior Contributing Editor. To read more of Brendan's articles, please visit his columnist page.
Edited by Erin Harrison