Hosted IT solutions provider Abacus Group recently rolled out its new cloud telephony voice service for its hedge fund and private equity fund clients. Abacus Voice is designed to offer the convenience of a hosted turnkey solution with “always-on” technical support, eliminating the need to invest in on-site systems and maintenance staff.
Although many of Abacus Group’s customers are dealing with tight budgets and reduced IT resources, they still require the benefits of an on-site voice solution: Abacus Voice is meant to fulfill this need.
The scalable voice solution allows firms to add and upgrade features seamlessly as they become available. In addition, call traffic is routed over a secure private network, sheltered from traffic disruption, resulting in the highest quality voice and sound experience, according to Chris Grandi, CEO of Abacus.
“Nascent and established hedge funds alike need simple solutions that can help them run their operations more effectively,” Grandi said in a statement. “AbacusVoice provides the convenience of a hosted offering with the advanced features and high level of service hedge funds require, all delivered over a secure private infrastructure.”
Abacus Group touted several benefits of AbacusVoice, including the following:
- Cisco (News - Alert) IP handsets: Full color, multiline, touchscreen handsets for ease of use.
- Convenient call coverage and automated attendant: Easy-to-use call features and customized automated attendants ensure calls reach the right people at the right time.
- “Sophisticated” conferencing: Conference calls can be set up ad hoc or scheduled in advance.
- Phonebooks, directories, call logs: Easily access personal phone books, firm contacts and employee extensions, via phone or Web interface. Users can access call logs showing dates and times of missed, received and placed calls, as well as historical inbound call data.
- Messaging management: Fully e-mail integrated voicemail with transcription capabilities, automatic time stamping, multiple-voicemail box access and missed call alerts via e-mail.
- Seamless computer-phone integration: Users can receive computer screen alerts for phone activity and manage phone line, voicemail and conferencing services.
- Business intelligence: Users can export data on demand to delve into detailed call records organized by call time, destination, caller, etc.
In related news, last month, SS&C Technologies Holdings, Inc., a global provider of financial services software and software-enabled services, and Abacus Group, announced a strategic alliance to provide investment firms hosting their platforms on the AbacusFLEX private cloud with a turnkey global FIX connectivity service that integrates seamlessly with their existing systems and functionality.
As part of the agreement, Abacus and SS&C offer Abacus clients a FIX service and access to a trading community with more than 350 brokers worldwide. SS&C’s FIXLink service supports multiple asset classes and the full lifecycle of a trade and is pre-certified with more than 30 trading platforms.
Want to learn more about the latest in communications and technology? Then be sure to attend ITEXPO Miami 2013, Jan 29- Feb. 1 in Miami, Florida. Stay in touch with everything happening at ITEXPO (News - Alert). Follow us on Twitter.
Edited by Rachel Ramsey