In a world plagued by economic depression, telecommunication companies have been exhausting every effort to reduce spending in as many sectors as possible, which in some cases means downsizing the entire company, traveling less, purchasing smaller real estate or even slashing the marketing and advertising departments budgets. This of course is not a desirable method of handling costs, but sometimes businesses have no other options, or do they?
Quality Communication Solutions (QCS), a service that helps companies with their social media efforts, has released a few different marketing plans for companies looking to expand their marketing endeavors without the restriction of budget.
The first step of the plan is for companies to understand the value in dedicating their time to social media efforts in order to created credibility and communication among its consumers. Social media has completely transformed the marketing industry, as it has become an outlet for retailers, musicians, or even the average person, to gain recognition and fame, for free.
Social media platforms restrict users from profiting off of their profiles in the way that most websites like YouTube (News - Alert) do, which offers royalties to users who receive a certain amount of page views. So, when focusing on this aspect of a social media marketing plan this is a pitfall, and it makes companies ask themselves, “Well, then what’s the point?”
The point is that platforms like Twitter and Facebook (News - Alert) can be used to create a relationship with consumers, as it allows for a level of engagement that can’t be found on a company website. Here is a list of examples that might sway a company’s decision to adopt a social media marketing company:
- By interacting with followers or fans, a trusting relationship can be created, rather than the faulty one that derives from the typical “seller” attitude.
- Educating followers and consumers about products and solutions they would have never heard about.
- Reach a wider audience that is not restricted to particular field or industry.
- Gives the ability to respond and monitor what is being said about the brand.
- Calculate how many times there is a discussion about the brand, or if it is “trending"
- Ramp up profits by generating hits back to the company website, which boosts SEO rankings.
For companies looking to expand their means but stay within their budget, the value of social media proves to be worth far more than its cost.
For more information about Quality Communication Solutions, click here.
Edited by Jamie Epstein