TMCnews Featured Article
October 26, 2012
VoIP Integration Phone Remote Boasts New Call Manager Features
By Rich Steeves, TMCnet Web Editor
Unified communications deployment and management solutions expert VoIP Integration has recently upgraded its Phone (News - Alert) Remote solution to version 3.0. The latest edition of the software boasts new features, including new call manager features and UC500 support.
The deployment and management solution allows users to take control of a Cisco (News - Alert) phone from anywhere with network connectivity. The software sends keystrokes to the phone. These keystrokes are then interpreted as if the users had pressed the key on the actual phone, and screen updates show the screen as displayed on the device.
Users can choose from two different methods to select and control the phone. A call manager/express end user with device association, one can control the phone via its IP address. A call manager admin user with AXL permissions can search for a phone using its extension, description or MAC address directly from within the Phone Remote solution. Also, Call Manager Express XML users can search by extensions or MAC addresses. Support for the Call Manager Express, as well as support for UC 500, are new to this version of Phone Remote.
- Other features of Phone Remote 3.0 are:
- An enhanced look and feel;
- A new macro editor with unlimited macros;
- Faster screen refresh;
- Multicluster configuration;
- Improved keyboard interaction when navigating options, including the ability to use the keyboard to send keys to the phone (0-9, *, #) and more;
- And many other features, including those listed here.
Edited by Rich Steeves