Plum Voice Offers New Pollster Version of Plum Survey Platform
June 08, 2010
By Anuradha Shukla, TMCnet Contributor
Information technology has revolutionized the polling industry in many countries. Now pollsters are using innovative communication devices to reach masses. The information technologies, both mass information technologies and personal information technologies play a part in the political process at the "street" level. During presidential campaign in 2008, Barack Obama used the internet like no other US presidential candidate has before.
In today's political and technological world, gathering critical information and feedback from voters and other constituents quickly and accurately is vital to moving campaigns forward. Plum Voice, a single-source provider of automated telephony solutions, announced the availability of its pollster version of Plum Survey Version 1.6, the first tool that allows users in the political and research-oriented polling industry to create one survey and deploy it over both the Internet and telephone in minutes via interactive voice response.
With the help of Plum Survey, the users will be able to navigate responses to identify trends, patterns and behaviors of a particular constituency. Plum Survey Version 1.6 collects and analyzes valuable data efficiently and inexpensively, with many features advantageous for election research. New polling-specific elements include:
- Throttling options to manage the flow and speed of outbound calls, which controls the timing and distribution of surveys.
- Custom messages based on call type (voicemail vs. live person), and advanced call back options.
- Smart quota system which pauses survey outreach once a poll reaches the pre-determined number of respondents.
- Transcription feature to translate verbal responses into typed comments, viewable in the web-based data analytics system and as text in CSV exports.
- Ability to randomize questions and block call identifiable data for anonymous responses.
- Comprehensive downloadable reports and analytics.
Andrew Kuan, chief executive officer of Plum Voice said that Plum Survey Version 1.6 is designed specifically for the needs of the polling industry. The company has worked with professional pollsters to deliver a system that makes their jobs and research more productive with unparalleled flexibility, speed and analytics in a simple phone and web surveying platform. Plum Survey eliminates the need to work with multiple vendors, providing a consistent experience for respondents, and cuts costs associated with managing and collecting feedback through the Internet and phone. It is used with Plum's Hosted IVR platform and other IVR System products.
Plum Voice was in news last month for adding automated transcription feature to IVR system.
Anuradha Shukla is a contributing editor for TMCnet. To read more of Anuradha's article, please visit her columnist page.
Edited by Juliana Kenny