D2 Technologies (News - Alert) has had great success this past year with its vPort Gateway (GW) embedded VoIP platform and now the company has released the next generation of its flagship product line designed to enable OEMs and service providers to deliver to market the advanced mobile and CPE communications products.
As the Mobile Unified Communications (News - Alert) space continues to evolve, the growth of this type of convergence software solutions is playing an increased role in helping address the needs of OEMs.
The New York-based D2 Technologies, a market leader in embedded IP communications software platforms and its vPort 2.0 now provides optimized support for the development of femtocells, mobile Internet devices (MIDs) and mobile handset products.
”By enhancing vPort, D2 is helping customers quickly respond to the increased market demand for VoIP-enabled devices in new application areas, on new platforms and with advanced features,” said Doug Makishima, Vice President of Marketing and Sales at D2 Technologies.
These enhancements have come on numerous levels including the addition of upgrades that support WiMAX (News - Alert), the Windows CE and Windows Mobile platforms, IMS, video calls, remote management of end-user devices via TR-069 (an application layer protocol) and the Secure Real Time Transport Protocol (SRTP), and high definition audio through additional wideband CODECs, according to Makishima.
These products can be integrated into an existing product or a new device and can be optimized to specific end-user device requirements.
“We are now conducting demos with our key partners and OEM customers, and expect commercial availability of vPort 2.0 toward the end of Q1 2009,” said Makishima.
The vPort architecture is designed to be flexible enough to allow companies to quickly meet the strong demand for products delivering advanced broadband services with a highly-scalable and cost-effective VoIP solution.
The architecture was also designed to enable networking, signaling and voice processing functions to execute as an integrated solution on a single processor. Through this upgrade, vPort now offers application support and advanced embedded VoIP software features. This enables manufacturers to quickly meet consumer demands for communications products such as IP and dual mode mobile phones, triple- and quadruple-play devices, advanced VoIP adapters/gateways and other mobile devices.
Key vPort 2.0 product features include:
- Broadest range of IC and core processor support for market leaders such as Cavium Networks, Freescale Semiconductor (News - Alert), LSI Corporation, Ralink Technology, AMCC, Ikanos Communications and Texas Instruments
- New CODECs including GSM-AMR support for femtocells
- Increased embedded OS support for WinCE/WinMobile, VxWorks, Linux, Android (News - Alert)
- OS Abstraction Layer allows quick porting onto new and proprietary OSs
- Unified and IP communications at its core:
VoIM and multi-protocol support (SIP, GoogleTalk, MSN, Yahoo, ICQ)
Presence based functionality
Video call/chat capability
- Complete suite of NAT Traversal software including STUN, ICE, and TURN
- Full SRTP support including RFCs 3550, 3711, and 4568
- Remote management integration with TR-069 and TR-104 SW modules
- Industry leading voice quality, CPU (MHz) optimization and service provider interop
Tim Gray is a Web Editor for TMCnet, covering news in the IP communications, call center and customer relationship management industries. To read more of Tim�s articles, please visit his columnist page.
Edited by Tim Gray