While softswitch and billing software may seem like they belong in different categories, they actually go together in many cases, as billing software and its many features are easily supported by softswitch technology. ATEL knows that these two technologies go together extremely well, and recently announced the latest update to its softswitch and billing software, in Version 184.108.40.206.
Among the updated services are Class 4 and 5 softswitches for small and large ITSPs, as well as features for calling card providers and operators, residential and business phone service global clients.
ATEL’s range of software products have made it possible for New Concept Technologies (NCT) softswitch owners to allow resellers to rebrand, add any providers of their choice different from the switch owner’s termination provider, and offer advanced administrative access and services. NCT, an application development and telecommunication company, offers ATEL’s solutions to customers around the world.
One of the most notable benefits to ATEL’s update is that it will allow switch owners and administrators to turn around and make an additional profit by selling parts of their ATEL services to clients. This is because resellers are allowed to use their own termination providers with ATEL software, as well as view live calls, manage security settings and set limitations for their own clients.
Benefits for number transformation for wholesale and retail clients include:
- Accepts number changing patterns and rules
- Calling party number changes and transformation
- Differentiated number transformation for the purposes of billing and routing
Benefits for call centers include:
- Possibility of adding scripts to dialers directly
- Possibility to create inbound and outbound scripts including dynamic script update feature for call centers
- Playing test to speech and capture by agents and operators
- The possibility of opening a URL per call via the ATEL in-built dialer. An example is http://220.127.116.11/CRM/ID/phonenumber
Additionally, ATEL softswitch and billing solutions have a great amount of user flexibility and versatility because they are able to run user’s service via any geographic or non-geographic number, and deliver SMS to any destination with in-built customizable IVRs. The solution is also integrated with switch owners and operators, making billing and payments possible with clear and reliable timeframes.
Edited by Maurice Nagle