Just because the law doesn’t always evolve at the same rapid pace as technology, it doesn’t mean legal administrative work shouldn’t be up to speed. It’s probably a fair bet that the majority of law firms across the U.S. rely on MS Office suites for email hosting, filing, document retrieving, etc. But now, practicing law is easier than ever with WorkShare Point Version 5.1, which seamlessly integrates with Outlook and SharePoint.
WorkShare 5.1 has already received many positive user reviews. In fact, one user claims that it’s a “great product for document comparison.” The ratings indicate that the majority of users have awarded the new version five out of five stars. In comparison, all other versions were rated four and a half stars.
The new email hosting offerings allows users to store e-mails with both Outlook and SharePoint with only one click of the mouse. Users can also drag and drop their Outlook attachments to SharePoint where they can be stored or viewed whenever necessary.
According to a press release, the following functions can be successfully performed by WorkShare 5.1:
- Connecting with Microsoft (News - Alert) Office users by uploading new documents to SharePoint directly from Office
- Maintaining the relevant versions outside of the repository•
- Easy synchronizing and file looking into SharePoint, which automatically refreshes when content is moved between SharePoint and Outlook
- Supporting site collections and subsites
- Controlling folder views with tree view or navigation
- Navigating SharePoint Views when filing documents
- Supporting managed metadata
- Selecting multiple e-mails to delete, file or both
- Tracking and managing incoming e-mail efficiently with suggested filing options
- Drilling down to the data or document you require within Microsoft Outlook
- Quick search functionality accessible from Outlook and the user interface
- Better auto-profiling that automatically captures metadata from documents and e-mails, presenting them to the user in a profile pop-up
- Alerts when changes are made to documents
- Hiding metadata removal and easily creating PDFs
In conclusion, email hosting is essential for increasing efficiency and collaboration within any organization. Have you taken a closer look yet at the many benefits that can be seen when beginning to leverage this type of solution?
Want to learn more about the latest in communications and technology? Then be sure to attend ITEXPO West 2012, taking place Oct. 2-5, in Austin, TX. ITEXPO (News - Alert) offers an educational program to help corporate decision makers select the right IP-based voice, video, fax and unified communications solutions to improve their operations. It's also where service providers learn how to profitably roll out the services their subscribers are clamoring for – and where resellers can learn about new growth opportunities. For more information on registering for ITEXPO click here.
Stay in touch with everything happening at ITEXPO. Follow us on Twitter
Edited by Jamie Epstein