There are numerous benefits for organizations that choose to leverage an email hosting platform. Email hosting is used to share documents, view calendars, contacts, tasks and notes – and can dramatically cut costs while saving companies time.
Recently, mobile device maker Research in Motion (RIM) released its BlackBerry Mobile Fusion 6 Service Pack 2 with updates for Universal Device Service, which is designed to provide small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) with features to securely manage their iOS and Android (News - Alert) mobile devices.
“In addition, the updates enable IT administrators to protect access to Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync and add deployment easements and administrative console improvements,” an article recently reported.
RIM is offering several new features that are included within the Universal Device Service 6.2 including:
- Exchange ActiveSync Gatekeeping: SMBs gain the ability to limit access to Exchange ActiveSync to managed and compliant devices.
- Proxy Server Support: SMBs are able to deploy the Universal Device Service in their existing IT infrastructure.
- SCEP Proxy for Certificate Provisioning: Improved security and user experiences are enabled via certificate-based authentication and provision of certificates for devices without the need to expose SCEP to the Internet.
- Android Support Via Motorola (News - Alert) EDM: The Universal Device Service configures the native PIM client on devices that support Motorola Enterprise Device Management.
- Automated Compliance Action Assignments: Administrators gain flexibility in assigning measures to be taken by the system for jailbreaking and app incompliance.
- Exchange ActiveSync Gatekeeping: IT admins gain access to Exchange ActiveSync by devices through the integration with Microsoft (News - Alert) Exchange servers.
- Cross-Platform Device Management: Cross-platform management for BlackBerry devices is provided, along with devices running the iOS and Android operating systems. Administrators can manage devices via a BlackBerry Mobile Fusion Studio console.
Email hosting provider SherWeb claims to be the first provider in the world to offer Hosted Exchange 2013, the next generation of cloud email and collaboration tools. The company’s experts have been intricately involved in the testing of Hosted Exchange 2013 and it has been used by companies to ensure it is a fully functional, ready-to-use platform.
SherWeb’s dedicated MIDAS migration team is equipped with proprietary automated tools that provide a smooth transition to a hosted Exchange environment.
In addition, the email hosting provider’s expertise is used by major companies including Ingram Micro and Avnet. The company was named Hosting Partner of the Year in 2011 by Microsoft and earned a spot in the Deloitte (News - Alert) Technology Fast 500 ranking, which rewards the 500 fastest growing technology companies in North America.
Want to learn more about the latest in communications and technology? Then be sure to attend ITEXPO Miami 2013, Jan 29- Feb. 1 in Miami, Florida. Stay in touch with everything happening at ITEXPO (News - Alert). Follow us on Twitter.
Edited by Jamie Epstein