Centec Introduces DUET2 GigE Switch Chip
October 16, 2017
Centec Networks is now sampling a new gigabit Ethernet switch chip that supports enterprise wireless and wireline convergence. The product is called the DUET2, aka the CTC7148.
This fifth generation switch chip supports full speed 1GE to 100GE enterprise data and storage networking. Centec says it’s low power, features new Multi-Gig 2.5G/5G and 25G/50G interfaces, and is based on open networking.
Here’s a more complete rundown of this new offering, which is an extension of GoldenGate series solution.
• This offering allows for Layer 2, Layer 3, MPLS, and VXLAN switching.
• The DUET2 supports all possible Ethernet speeds including 1G, 2.5G, 5G, 10G, 40G, and 25G/50G/100G.
• It provides control and provisioning of wireless access points and Multi-Gig (2.5G/5G) technology with a USXGMII interface.
• It has an on-chip CAPWAP engine included for E2E encryption and decryption.
• Additional security is provided through a per-port MACsec.
• There’s no need for an additional physical layer device.
• This switch also features application-aware processing.
• It has visibility to the network forwarding plane using on-chip flow tracing, elephant flow detection, and real-time network monitoring.
• It does hardware based buffer and latency monitoring and allows for effective NetFlow sampling.
• It optimizes the OAM engine to support metro features like SAT and data LM.
• For mid-density 25GbE applications, CTC7148 supports 16x10G/25G+ 6x40G ports with advanced PFC/ ETS functionality. That’s a good match for IP storage applications.
• This platform is based on either a commercial or open source network operating system. This way, vendors can easily integrate and customize it for software defined networking and open networking applications.
• It comes with a software development kit and reference software for SDN Openflow.
The DUET2/CTC7148 is slated for volume production in the second quarter of 2018.
Edited by Mandi Nowitz
Article comments powered by