BRIEF: Woman dies after being transported from structure fire
Jan 12, 2013 (Odessa American - McClatchy-Tribune Information Services via COMTEX) --
The 80-year-old woman transported to Medical Center Hospital after fire officials responded to a fire at her home on Redbud Avenue early Wednesday morning has died at the hospital.
Yvonne Miller died at the hospital Thursday, a news release from the City of Odessa stated. Initial incident reports from Odessa Fire/Rescue had Miller's first name spelled as Yuvonne.
Fire crews were called out to Miller's residence at 5:06 a.m. Wednesday at 4236 Redbud Ave. While no fire was immediately visible when they arrived, Odessa Fire Marshal Detra White said flames eventually flared up on a couch and chair inside the living room.
Emergency crews found Miller sitting on a bed with her feet on the floor while they searched the house, and she was transported to MCH. White said fire reports stated Miller's dog, a Dachshund, died during the fire.
Officials determined the fire was started by a space heater and that the house did not have any working smoke detectors.
Follow Odessa American on twitter @OdessaAmerican, like us on Facebook at Odessa American or call 432-333-7714 for the main newsroom line.
___ (c)2013 the Odessa American (Odessa, Texas) Visit the Odessa American
(Odessa, Texas) at www.oaoa.com Distributed by MCT Information Services
[ Back To Technology News's Homepage ]