Single and Two-Phase Flows on Chemical and Biomedical Engineering
(M2 PressWIRE Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Dublin - Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/kv49bd/single_and) has announced the addition of the "Single and Two-Phase Flows on Chemical and Biomedical Engineering" book to their offering.
Single or two-phase flows are ubiquitous in most natural process and engineering systems. Examples of systems or process include, packed bed reactors, either single phase or multiphase, absorber and adsorber separation columns, filter beds, plate heat exchangers, flow of viscoelastic fluids in polymer systems, or the enhanced recovery of oil, among others.
In each case the flow plays a central role in determining the system or process behaviour and performance. A better understanding of the underlying physical phenomena and the ability to describe the phenomena properly are both crucial to improving design, operation and control processes involving the flow of fluids, ensuring that they will be more efficient and cost effective. Expanding disciplines such as microfluidics and the simulation of complex flow physical systems, such as blood flow in physiological networks, also rely heavily on accurate predictions of fluid flow.
Recent advances either in computational and experimental techniques are improving the existing knowledge of single and multiphase flows in engineering and physical systems of interest.
This e- book is a review on the state-of-the-art and recent advances in critical areas of fluid mechanics and transport phenomena with respect to chemical and biomedical engineering applications.
Key Topics Covered:
Part I: Single Phase Flows on Chemical Enginnering
1. Spacims-Probing the Internal Behaviour of 3D Structured Materials 2. Modelling of a Monolithic Reverse Flow Reactor for Selective Catalytic Reduction of NO by Ammonia 3. Mesoscopic Simulation of Rarefied Gas Flow in Porous Media 4. Mixing Through Half a Century of Chemical Engineering 5. Application of the Probability Density Function Method to Turbulent Mixing with Chemical Reaction 6. Activated Sludge Models Coupled to CFD Simulations
7. Using CFD to Estimate External Mass Transfer Coefficients and Intra-Particle Diffusional Effects on the Supercritical Hydrogenation of Sunflower Oil
8. Mass Transfer Around a Single Soluble Solid with Different Shapes Buried in a Packed Bed and Exposed to Fluid Flow 1 9. Advances on Viscoelastic Fluid Flow Simulation
10. Tree-Shaped Flow Structures Viewed from the Constructal Theory Perspective 11. Determination of Effective Transport Properties of Metallic Foams: Morphology and Flow Laws
Part II: Two Phase Flows on Chemical Enginnering
12. Flow Visualization in Gas-Solid Packed Beds by Spatially Resolved Near-Infrared Imaging 13. Interfacial Area Modelling in Two-Phase Flow Studies 14. Mass Transfer Models for Oxygen-Water Co-Current flow in Vertical Bubble Columns 15. Characterization of Turbulence and Flow Regimes in Bubble Columns Based on Nonlinear Chaos Analysis of Various Data 16. Characterization and Modeling of Flotation Processes
Part III: Single and Two Phase Flows on Biomedical Enginnering 17. Pulse Wave Propagation in Large Blood Vessels Based on Fluid-Solid Interactions Methods 18. An-Harmonic Modeling of the Peripheral Distortion of the Arterial Pulse 19. Numerical Analysis of Blood Flow in Stenosed Channels 20. Blood Flow Behavior in Microchannels: Past, Current and Future Trends 21. A Survey of Microchannel Geometries for Mixing of Species in Biomicrofluidics 22. Endothelial Cell Responses to Fluid Shear Stress: From Methodology to Applications 23. Micro-Flow Visualization of Magnetic Nanoparticles for Biomedical Applications 24. A Computational Study on the Possibility of the Initialization And Development of Intracranial Aneurysms Considering Biofluid and Biosolid Mechanics
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/kv49bd/single_and
Research and Markets,
Fax from USA: 646-607-1907
Fax from rest of the world: +353-1-481-1716
Sector: Biotechnology (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/categories.asp cat_id=1&campaign_id=kv49bd), Engineering (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/categories.asp cat_id=50&campaign_id=kv49bd)
((M2 Communications disclaims all liability for information provided within M2 PressWIRE. Data supplied by named party/parties. Further information on M2 PressWIRE can be obtained at http://www.presswire.net on the world wide web. Inquiries to email@example.com)).
(c) 2013 M2 COMMUNICATIONS
[ Back To Technology News's Homepage ]