IXYS Announces a Number of Technology Patents
(Benzinga Lightning Feed Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) IXYS Corporation (NASDAQ: IXYS), an international power semiconductor and IC
company, announced today that the company has to date been granted 22 U.S.
patents during the current fiscal year, which ends March 31, 2013. Many of the
patents focus on power semiconductors, integrated circuits, microcontrollers
and photovoltaics. All of these seek to achieve the same set of targets:
reduce energy consumption, improve power monitoring and enable
industrial/consumer devices to control energy and power. Some of these
innovative technologies are on the market today and IXYS expects that more
will be available in the near future.
“We currently hold more than 350 patents that cover a broad range of
technologies and processes, many of which are currently used in our products.
During this current fiscal year, we have further extended the range of our IP
portfolio,” stated Dr. Nathan Zommer, Chairman and CEO of IXYS. “IXYS has
achieved a level of technical independence and offers customers innovative
solutions not available elsewhere.”
Among the recent patents granted:
* U.S. Patent #8165832B1 - A wall plug monitor that measures digitally AC
power consumption for appliances and power systems connected to the AC
* U.S. Patent #8188686B1 - RF enabled occupancy detection and connection to
cellular phone network for smart phone connectivity, notification and
control of lights.
* U.S. Patent #8242832B2 - Solar cell energy generation with integrated
charge pumps boost circuits, for energy harvesting applications.
* U.S. Patent #8264171B1 - In situ LED temperature monitoring using the LED
as its sensor while in operation to improve LED lifetime.
* U.S. Patent #8324824B2 - One wire interface circuitry, for communication
between a host controller and an LED driver.
* U.S. Patent #8334451B1 - Integrated solar cells creating a photovoltaic
panel on a chip with desired voltage and current outputs.
* U.S. Patent #8344480B1 - High performance IGBT power semiconductor.
* U.S. Patent #8347120B2 - System and method for conserving power (the
reduction of “vampire power”) used and applied to an electrical apparatus
based on pattern of use.
* U.S. Patent #8356759B2 – Low cost magnetic stripe reader using independent
* U.S. Patent #8358087B2 - Alternating turn-off timing of a fluorescent lamp
* U.S. Patent #8358093B2 - Sample and hold time stamp for sensing zero
crossing of a back electromotive force in 3-phase brushless DC motors.
* U.S. Patent #8363412B2 – Mother and daughter board configuration to
improve current and voltage capabilities of a power instrument.
(c) 2013 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
[ Back To Technology News's Homepage ]