News Corp - 2013 Company Profile Available Now for Analysis
Feb 12, 2013 (M2 PRESSWIRE via COMTEX) --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/h57fh9/news_corp) has announced the addition of the "News Corp - Company Profile" company profile to their offering.
Strong 2013 Q1 results
- EPS growth was extremely strong, but primarily due to one-off events, lower tax rates, affiliates & share repurchases. We estimate that core revenues & EBIT rose little.
- Q3 revenue rose $0.1 bn ( 2%), to $8.4 bn; We estimate growth was flat excluding acquisitions. Strong growth in Cable & Films offset a decline in TV & Publishing.
- Cable revenue rose $0.3 bn ( 16%), to $2.4 bn; due to strong affiliate & advertising revenues, and helped by the consolidation of FPAS, and STAR in India.
- TV revenue fell $0.2 bn (-16%), to $1.2 bn; due to the lack of Super Bowl this Q.
- Satellite (Sky Italia) revenue was flat at $0.9 bn; but was up 4% in local currency.
- Publishing revenue fell dramatically by $0.4 bn (-17%), to $1.7 bn; mostly due to the closure of a UK newspaper, lower sales in Australia & IMS.
- Films revenue rose $0.5 bn ( 30%), to $2.0 bn; primarily due to the Shine acquisition, higher revenues from licensing fees, syndication and digital distribution of TV content.
- EBIT rose $288 m ( 28%), to $1.3 bn. EBIT Margin rose 3.2% to 15.6%.
- Core operating margins were roughly flat in most divisions.
- On a comparative basis to last year, margins were higher in 2012 partly due to the absence of additional costs related to the problematic UK newspaper and MySpace.
- Net income rose by $298 m ( 47%), to $0.9 bn; helped by a much lower tax rate (down 9% to 21%) and good results from affiliates such as BSkyB and Sky Deutschland.
- EPS rose by $0.14 ( 58%), to $0.38; boosted by 6% due to a net $3.2 bn spent on share repurchases in 2012. NWS increased planned share repurchases to $10 bn.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/h57fh9/news_corp
Research and Markets,
Fax from USA: 646-607-1907
Fax from rest of the world: +353-1-481-1716
Sector: Company Reports (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/categories.asp cat_id=101&campaign_id=h57fh9)
((M2 Communications disclaims all liability for information provided within M2 PressWIRE. Data supplied by named party/parties. Further information on M2 PressWIRE can be obtained at http://www.presswire.net on the world wide web. Inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
[ Back To Technology News's Homepage ]