AltDrive Online Backup Announces Deeper Mac OSX Integration and New Features
(PR Web Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Redmond, WA (PRWEB) February 22, 2013
AltDrive Online Backup delivers improved client backup software with compelling improvements:
• Improved Mac OSX Integration.
• New look in the task tray.
• Added a requested feature the ability to pause a running backup.
• Some customers have requested more time before deleted files on their computers were deleted at AltDrive. In response, AltDrive now provides 60 days instead of the industry standard 30-day retention for deleted files. Biz customers can set the retention policy from 30 days to seven years to unlimited.
• Orders of magnitude faster backups sweeps for external drives and file sets with more than one million files.
• More robustness checks during backups and restores.
• Numerous other improvements under the hood.
Most people and businesses do not back up their important data regularly or at all. They do not have the time, or it’s too expensive or complicated. But it happens too often - mistakes, computer viruses, negligence, fire, theft, hardware problems - when files are lost, often they cannot be recovered. With individuals, that can mean loss of important documents or priceless photos and videos. For a business, that can mean loss of everything.
AltDrive provides a long free no-obligation trial so that potential customers can fully evaluate whether the service suits their needs. Unlimited remote storage is just $3.71 per month (annualized) for Home customers. An inexpensive utility style plan is offered for businesses on a budget. The customer software is dummy-proof and easy to signup, install and administer using wizards.
AltDrive was designed for the paranoid. It uses a super strong AES-256 CTR mode data encryption cipher with a private key so that even AltDrive personnel cannot view customer's files - a must for savvy businesses. For convenience, home users can elect to have AltDrive manage the encryption key. Additionally, the company has located its storage assets in the secure Westin Building in Seattle where multiple levels of security are employed.
Established in 2005, founded by a serial entrepreneur with security, scalability, and usability backgrounds, and located in Seattle, AltDrive's mission is to ensure that all computer data is securely backed up and versioned. The company is viable and debt free having been developed without outside investor capital. Visit http://altdrive.com for more information or to backup your computers.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013-02/altdrive_backup_new/prweb10450696.htm
(c) 2013 PRWEB.COM Newswire
[ Back To Technology News's Homepage ]