Asia - Mobile Voice Market (35 Countries) - 2013 Release
(M2 PressWIRE Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Dublin - Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2lx8p8/asia_mobile) has announced the addition of the "Asia - Mobile Voice Market - 2013 Release" report to their offering.
This Asia market report covers 35 countries in North, South, South East and Central Asia. The theme of the report is mobile deployment and development, particularly focusing on voice application for mobile use.
Moving quickly past 3 billion mobile subscribers, Asia sees voice services remaining dominant for the time beingMobile markets in Asia continued to experience strong growth during 2012 and into 2013, despite many countries in the region having subscriber penetrations of over 150%. Asia is home to some of the fastest growing telecommunications markets in the world. Growth across the region in mobile subscribers was in excess of 15% overall in 2011 and was estimated to have been about 8% in 2012 to reach a regional total of 3.3 billion mobile subscribers by year-end. The substantial growth levels have been particularly obvious in China and India, with their huge populations. These two countries alone account for over 32% and 28% overall market share in the Asia region respectively; or a massive 60% combined. It is not just the regional presence either; with China and India's mobile subscriber numbers they also dominate the global mobile landscape, with seven operators in the top 10 ranking of subscribers worldwide.
Top 10 mobile markets in Asia - ranked by subscribers - 2009 - 2012
- Country | 2009 | (million) | 2010 | (million) | 2011 | (million) | 2012 | (million) | - China | 747.4 | 859.0 | 986.3 | 1,115.0 |
- India | 505.0 | 752.0 | 894.0 | 865.0 |
- Indonesia | 158.4 | 220.0 | 259.0 | 300.0 |
- Vietnam | 98.2 | 111.6 | 127.3 | 140.0 |
- Japan | 110.6 | 117.1 | 129.9 | 134.0 |
- Pakistan | 97.6 | 102.8 | 113.0 | 125.0 |
- Bangladesh | 49.0 | 68.7 | 85.0 | 97.2 |
- Philippines | 74.5 | 79.9 | 93.7 | 98.0 |
- Thailand | 67.5 | 71.5 | 78.7 | 82.0 |
- South Korea | 47.9 | 50.8 | 52.5 | 53.6 |
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2lx8p8/asia_mobile
Research and Markets,
Fax from USA: 646-607-1907
Fax from rest of the world: +353-1-481-1716
Sector: Wireless (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/categories.asp cat_id=93&campaign_id=2lx8p8)
((M2 Communications disclaims all liability for information provided within M2 PressWIRE. Data supplied by named party/parties. Further information on M2 PressWIRE can be obtained at http://www.presswire.com on the world wide web. Inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org)).
(c) 2013 M2 COMMUNICATIONS
[ Back To Technology News's Homepage ]