New Castle eighth-grader charged with making 'kill list' of students and teachers [The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review]
(Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA) Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) March 15--A New Castle boy is accused of making terroristic threats and compiling a "kill list" of schoolmates and teachers, police said on Friday.
The eighth-grader at New Castle Junior/Senior High School, who was not identified, was writing on a tablet computer in school March 8 when a classmate saw the list and told other students, New Castle police Chief Robert Salem said.
School administrators and a school resource officer began investigating March 9, but the list had been erased, Salem said.
The tablet's manufacturer was able to retrieve the information, which revealed the names of nine students and two teachers, Salem said.
Authorities don't know why the boy, 13, targeted those people.
"We're looking into each person on there and why they were on the list," Salem said.
The school district's interim superintendent, Stanley Magusiak, could not be reached for comment. New Castle Junior/Senior High School officials referred comment to police.
Police charged the student on Thursday as a juvenile with 11 counts of making terroristic threats.
"We believe this was an isolated incident with this student alone, but we're interviewing the juvenile involved," Salem said.
The boy is undergoing a mental health evaluation, the chief said. In May, police charged him with criminal mischief, accusing him of breaking windows in a pizza shop, Salem said.
Tory N. Parrish is a staff writerfor Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-380-5662 or email@example.com.
(c)2013 The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (Greensburg, Pa.)
Visit The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (Greensburg, Pa.) at www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib
Distributed by MCT Information Services
[ Back To Technology News's Homepage ]