Microsoft's Nokia Acquisition and Its Impacts on Smart Handheld Devices
(M2 PressWIRE Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Dublin - Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/5kc2lz/microsofts_nokia) has announced the addition of the "Microsoft's Nokia Acquisition and Its Impacts on Smart Handheld Devices" report to their offering.
On September 2013, Microsoft announced that it would purchase Nokia's mobile phone business for US$ 7.2 billion. This acquisition of hardware manufacturer by an operating system developer is similar to Google's approach to buying Motorola Mobility in 2011.
Nokia has cooperated closely with Microsoft for years and through the deal, Microsoft aims to pump more resources into its Windows Phone platform. This report pinpoints whether the deal can help Microsoft and Nokia compete against two major mobile platforms, Android OS and iOS, and examines the influence of the deal on the future smart handheld device industry.
1. Microsoft will immediately gain capabilities in mobile phone hardware design and manufacturing, as well as WCDMA (Wideband Code Division Multiple Access) and LTE patents.
2. Microsoft aims to increase its control over hardware, thereby enhancing the degree of software and hardware integration.
3. After acquiring Nokia, Microsoft would adopt Apple's closed model.
4. Wearable smart devices might put Microsoft and Nokia in an advantage with the synergy created by combining their respective software and hardware ecosystems through the deal.
Key Topics Covered:
2. Microsoft's Development Strategies in Recent Years
3. Microsoft's Rationale for the Acquisition of Nokia
3.1 Principle Value from the Transaction: Nokia's Patent Portfolio 3.2 Added Value from the Transaction: Nokia's Brand Value and Strength in Mobile Phone Manufacturing
4. Influence of Microsoft's Nokia Acquisition on the Smart Handheld Device Industry 4.1 Smartphone
4.3 Wearable Smart Device
List of Figures
Figure1 Shipment Volume of Major Smartphone Vendors, 2010 - 2013
- Motorola Mobility
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/5kc2lz/microsofts_nokia
Research and Markets,
Fax from USA: 646-607-1907
Fax from rest of the world: +353-1-481-1716
Sector: Handsets and Mobile Devices (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/categories.asp?cat_id=220&campaign_id=5kc2lz)
((M2 Communications disclaims all liability for information provided within M2 PressWIRE. Data supplied by named party/parties. Further information on M2 PressWIRE can be obtained at http://www.presswire.com on the world wide web. Inquiries to email@example.com)).
(c) 2013 M2 COMMUNICATIONS
[ Back To Technology News's Homepage ]