Obama Official To Lead Cybersecurity Infrastructure Trade Mission To Saudi Arabia And Kuwait
(Targeted News Service Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) WASHINGTON, Sept. 20 -- The U.S. Department of Commerce's International Trade Administration issued the following news release:
Under Secretary of Commerce for International Trade Francisco Sanchez today announced he will lead a delegation of 13 U.S. companies on a cybersecurity and critical infrastructure protection trade mission to Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, September 29-October 2. The delegation will join Sanchez on stops in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, and Kuwait City, Kuwait. At each stop, participating companies will meet with key government decision makers and prospective private sector partners.
"The mission will connect U.S. companies in the safety and security industries that offer the best quality products, technologies, and services with the public and private entities in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait looking for their expertise," Sanchez said. "It's an important step in promoting the export of U.S. goods and services in order to help meet Saudi Arabia and Kuwait's critical infrastructure protection and cybersecurity needs."
Saudi Arabia has prioritized increasing cyber defense and infrastructure protection and continues to invest heavily in these sectors, spending more than $9 billion in 2012 to expand many of its airports. Kuwait has also proposed spending $28.2 billion on infrastructure advancements; specifically transportation and airport expansions. These major advancements provide huge opportunities for American security companies to deliver their goods and services to both of these critical trading partners.
The following companies were selected for participation in the trade mission:
* Air Patrol Corporation - Columbia, Md.
* Datalocker, Inc. - Overland Park, Kan.
* Emagine IT, Inc. - Fairfax, Va.
* Fire Eye, Inc. - Milpitas, Calif.
* GlimmerGlass Optical Cyber Solutions - Hayward, Ga.
* Implant Sciences Corporation - Wilmington, Mass.
* Lockheed Martin Corporation - Bethesda, Md.
* National U.S.-Arab Chamber of Commerce - Washington, D.C.
* Open Systems International, Inc. (OSI) - Medina, Minn.
* Raytheon Company - Waltham, Mass.
* Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) - Pullman, Wash.
* SourceFire, Inc. - Columbia, Md.
* Tecore Networks, Inc. - Hanover, Md.
This trade mission advances President Obama's National Export Initiative (NEI), which aims to double U.S. exports by the end of 2014, supporting economic and job growth. For additional information, please visit http://www.export.gov/trademissions.
TNS 30VianaGem - 130921-4495870 30VianaGem
(c) 2013 Targeted News Service
[ Back To Technology News's Homepage ]