Alcatel-Lucent to support China Mobile in launching the world's largest 4G ultra-broadband mobile network
Sep 30, 2013 (M2 PRESSWIRE via COMTEX) --
Shanghai and Paris -- Alcatel-Lucent (EuronextParis and NYSE: ALU) and China Mobile today announced the selection ofAlcatel-Lucent's innovative lightRadio(TM) 4G TD-LTE overlay - for the nationwide rollout of the world's largesthigh-speed mobile broadband network. China is now the world's largestmarket for mobile data services and smartphones, increasing at a rate of morethan 50 percent each year.
China Mobile has been actively carrying out large-scale TD-LTE live networktrials in China for more than three years and is now scaling the deployments.After the successful completion of China Mobile's 4G trial, this additionalaward to Alcatel-Lucent is 11% of CMCC's strategic plan to deploy more than207,000 TD-LTE base stations in China by the end of 2013.
Alcatel-Lucent's 4G TD-LTE technology provides high quality wireless datacoverage, which is helping China Mobile significantly improve mobile broadbandservice to their customers in an extremely cost-efficient way.
Key Facts :
- China Mobile has selected Alcatel-Lucent's lightRadio TD-LTE RadioAccess Network (RAN) as part of the world's largest deployment ofhigh-speed mobile broadband. Alcatel-Lucent has been awarded 11% of CMCC'sstrategic deployment of Phase I 4G network.
- China Mobile has more than 750 million subscribers, which accounts for morethan 60 percent of the total mobile subscriptions in the country. CMCC isdeploying TD-LTE to help meet the ever-increasing demand for mobile Internet,video and data in the world's largest Smartphone market. The agreement isanother LTE win for Alcatel-Lucent, supporting ultra-broadband strategy in therecently announced "Shift Plan" and includes a robust portfolio of Macro andMetro products field proven in the world's largest networks.
- Alcatel-Lucent has established a strong global leadership position in LTEwith more than 40 contracts for commercial deployments.
- Alcatel-Lucent has been closely involved with China Mobile in developingTD-LTE from the inception of the technology, and successfully demonstrated thefirst call using the platform more than five years ago, demonstrating HD videodelivery over it three years ago. Alcatel-Lucent also showcased TD-LTE to theworld during the Shanghai World Expo, another highlight in the journey ofTD-LTE from prospect to reality.
Michel Combes, CEO of Alcatel-Lucent, said: "This is anextremely significant win for Alcatel-Lucent and we look forward to helpingChina Mobile rapidly deploy the largest mobile broadband network in theworld. By leveraging the ultra-broadband capabilities of our innovativeTD-LTE lightRadio solution, China Mobile will have the ability to greatlyexpand mobile broadband coverage with a consistent, high quality subscriberexperience, including challenging environments such as inside commercial andresidential buildings."
- LTE: http://www.alcatel-lucent.com/solutions/4g-lte
- lightRadio - Evolve your wireless broadband network: http://www.alcatel-lucent.com/solutions/lightradio
- Wireless IP for Mobile Broadband Internet page - Rise above the data storm: http://www.alcatel-lucent.com/solutions/wireless-ip
- LTE infographic: http://www.flickr.com/photos/alcatel-lucent/10015623173/
ABOUT ALCATEL-LUCENT (EURONEXT PARIS AND NYSE: ALU)
Alcatel-Lucent is at the forefront of global communications, providingproducts and innovations in IP and cloud networking, as well as ultra-broadbandfixed and wireless access to service providers and their customers, enterprisesand institutions throughout the world.
Underpinning Alcatel-Lucent in driving the industrial transformation fromvoice telephony to high-speed digital delivery of data, video and informationis Bell Labs, an integral part of Alcatel-Lucent and one of the world'sforemost technology research institutes, responsible for countlessbreakthroughs that have shaped the networking and communications industry.Alcatel-Lucent innovations have resulted in the company being recognized byThomson Reuters as a Top 100 Global Innovator, as well as being named by MITTechnology Review as amongst 2012's Top 50 "World's Most Innovative Companies".Alcatel-Lucent has also been recognized for innovation in sustainability, beingnamed Industry Group Leader for Technology Hardware & Equipment sector inthe 2013 Dow Jones Sustainability Indices review for making globalcommunications more sustainable, affordable and accessible, all in pursuit ofthe company's mission to realize the potential of a connected world.
With revenues of Euro 14.4 billion in 2012, Alcatel-Lucent is listed on theParis and New York stock exchanges (Euronext and NYSE: ALU). The company isincorporated in France and headquartered in Paris.
For more information, visit Alcatel-Lucent on: http://www.alcatel-lucent.com , read the latest posts on theAlcatel-Lucent blog http://www.alcatel-lucent.com/blog and follow the Companyon Twitter: http://twitter.com/Alcatel_Lucent .
((M2 Communications disclaims all liability for information provided within M2 PressWIRE. Data supplied by named party/parties. Further information on M2 PressWIRE can be obtained at http://www.presswire.com on the world wide web. Inquiries to email@example.com.
[ Back To Technology News's Homepage ]