|[September 30, 2013]
Research and Markets: Global Mobile Data Monetization Strategies for Telcos 2013
DUBLIN --(Business Wire)--
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/fnjkkf/global_mobile)
has announced the addition of the "Global
Mobile Data Monetization Strategies for Telcos 2013" report to
Telecom operators around the globe are gradually shifting their focus on
delivering mobile internet/broadband services, to balance the saturated
growth in their traditional voice and SMS services offerings. Operators
are today facing three major challenges namely how to manage, optimize
and monetize their network and available resources. Monetization of
increased data usage has offered the opportunity to telcos to strengthen
their association with existing customers and has provided them with a
view plan to acquire new customers, and create value from these
customers through enriched services experience and improved customer
The increase in popularity of the mobile data plan is mainly owing to
the availability of affordable and feature-rich smartphones,
availability of rich content and formats by the contents providers,
increased usage of applications like Mobile Apps and OTT services (like
WhatsApp, Nimbuzz (News - Alert) etc), hich has resulted in the exponential increase
in mobile data traffic. The telcos owing to such a spurt in the demand
have increased Capex and Opex requirements, and hence have to increase
the monetization of their services offerings to increase the realization
rate of the investments being made in infrastructure improvement and
availability of better services.
Who Should Buy This Report
- Mobile Network Operators
- Mobile Software Developers
- Handset and Tablet Manufacturers
- Content and Applications Aggregators
- Wireless Privacy and Security Specialists
- Mobile Marketing and Advertising Providers
- The global mobile cellular subscription count is expected to equal the
global population count by the end of 2013.
- The worldwide web traffic has increased by 162.7% over the period
- It is estimated that around 309 billion apps would be downloaded
annually by 2016, of which around 93% would be the free downloads.
- The global mobile advertising is expected to reach $20 billion by 2016.
- Commercial LTE (News - Alert) deployments have increased from 50 across 27 countries
in December 2011, to reach 206 across 79 countries in August 2013.
- The global mobile data traffic is expected to reach 11.2Exabytes (EB)
per month by 2017 from 0.9 Exabytes (EB) per month in 2012.
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to contribute maximum to the global
mobile data traffic (around 47% of the total traffic in 2017).
- Smartphones would continue to be the most popular device to access
mobile internet services.
- Operators are adopting various pricing options like Unlimited, tiered
and dynamic pricing approaches to increase their data revenues.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Overview of Fixed and Mobile Broadband Market.
3. Mobile Data Services Offerings..
4. Monetization of Data Services Offerings.
5. Mobile Network and Its Monetization
6. Challenges of data monetization
7. Pricing Approaches by telcos to monetize the data.
8. Big Data and Telcos
9. Forecasts across select key regions
- Airtel (News - Alert) Kenya
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/fnjkkf/global_mobile
[ Back To Technology News's Homepage ]