NTT Resonant Enhancing U.S. Business of "Developers AppKitBox - Remote TestKit" for Easily Verifying Smartphone App Sites
TOKYO, Oct. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ --
NTT Resonant Inc. announced on October 11 that it will strengthen sales activities in the U.S. for its "Developers AppKitBox - Remote TestKit," a cloud-based service boasting the world's fastest image transfer, which allows smartphone app developers to verify new app sites by testing handsets on a time-shared, remote-control basis. To launch full service in the U.S., the company has established a data center having a telecom environment designed to directly provide mainly U.S. app developers with its "Developers AppKitBox - Remote TestKit" service. The company will use the data center to enhance its services, launching a corporate solution package, "Developers AppKitBox - Remote TestKit Enterprise," as well as offering SaaS-type services.
NTT Resonant will showcase the service when it makes its U.S. debut at the MobileCon (TM) 2013 opening on Oct. 16 in San Jose, California, providing U.S. developers with a hands-on experience in its high performance including the high-speed screen transfer.
1. SaaS-type service using U.S. data centerNTT Resonant's telecom environment set up in its U.S. data center accommodates primarily American app developers seeking access to the "Developers AppKitBox - Remote TestKit" service. The number of users of the "Developers AppKitBox - Remote TestKit" service from the U.S. increased more than five times (*Note) since July 3, 2013, when the company launched an English-language version of the service and began accepting payments in U.S. dollars. Against that background, NTT Resonant will strengthen its sales capability for the U.S. market, launching the service for U.S. users on a full scale. The new U.S.-based cloud service will boost the screen transmission speed and improve verification test efficiency for local developers, although it was possible to access the company's data center in Japan. (*Note) As of Oct. 11, 2013, as surveyed by NTT Resonant
2. Expansion of locally supplied smartphones available for servicesNTT Resonant will add 16 models to its lineup of locally supplied smartphones available for the SaaS-type service at the start of the full cloud service in the U.S.
Key locally supplied smartphones to be added -Samsung Galaxy Note II-Samsung Galaxy S III-HTC One SV-Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V-T-Mobile Prism II-Spirit 4G LTE
3. Offer of corporate solution package "Developers AppKitBox - Remote TestKit Enterprise" This is a solution-type package that installs handset-testing equipment in user-designated cyber space or in our data center through user-owned cloud applications. This permits customization of individual needs such as the dedicated use of handsets, changes in handset specifications and the use of 3G/4G lines, enabling more flexible verification work.
The service is offered under an annual licensing agreement. The licensing fee includes system software updates as well as program updates necessary to handle new smartphone models.
4. "Developers AppKitBox - Remote TestKit" to be shown at "MobileCON (TM) 2013"NTT Resonant will exhibit "Developers AppKitBox - Remote TestKit" at "MobileCON (TM) 2013" to be held from October 16 to 18 (local time) in San Jose, California. The company will showcase a demo system of the "Developers AppKitBox - Remote TestKit" at its booth, allowing U.S. developers to see high-speed screen transfer in real time.
Visitors who respond to a questionnaire will be presented with a ticket each that allows them to test the "Developers AppKitBox - Remote TestKit" service free of charge.
5. How to use serviceVisit the "Developers AppKitBox - Remote TestKit" website and download the dedicated software before logging in, select a device of choice from a list of available models and start the service. Developers will be able to verify operation and design while watching instantaneous, high-speed and smooth data transfer on a connected PC.
Furthermore, the list of available models shows the names of countries and regions where listed models are in use, allowing developers to select models found easy to use.
URL for "Developers AppKitBox - Remote TestKit": http://appkitbox.com/en/testkit
*The service is available for both Windows and Mac PCs.
6. Service enhancements in storeStarting with the U.S. operation, NTT Resonant will enhance the "Developers AppKitBox - Remote TestKit" service globally in terms of functions, the number of serviceable models and OS programs as well as the service menu so that developers will find it more convenient to use.
*The companies, services and products specified in this release are registered trademarks or trademarks of respective companies.
About NTT ResonantNTT Resonant Inc. is a joint venture between NTT Communications and NTT DoCoMo. NTT Resonant provides top-class application services in Japan and the international market together with NTT Group companies.
For further information, please visit: http://www.nttr.co.jp/english/
Contact (media):Kiyono IkedaNTT Resonant Inc.Tel: +81-3-6703-6250Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact (others):Katsunori HaginoNTT Resonant Inc.Tel: +81-3-6703-6006Email: email@example.com
SOURCE NTT Resonant Inc.
[ Back To Technology News's Homepage ]