Web accessibility pioneer takes part in Chancellor's technology trade mission to China
Oct 14, 2013 (M2 PRESSWIRE via COMTEX) --
Web accessibility pioneer Ross Linnett, CEO & Founder of Recite Me Ltd a leading web accessibility company is taking part in the official British trade mission to China led by the Chancellor of the Exchequer, George Osborne. Only 20 technology companies were chosen to take part in the high profile trade mission, from a list of over a 100 leading British technology firms. Recite Me is the only web accessibility software company on the trade mission.
Ross Linnett said: "I am delighted to be taking Recite Me's web accessibility solutions to China and representing British industry. I believe the internet should be accessible to everyone and we offer a Cloud based solution that works on any device, anywhere in the world; an ideal solution for economies with developing infrastructure and a heavy reliance on mobile technology. The fact that Recite Me were chosen as part of the delegation shows that the British and Chinese government's are starting to take web accessibility seriously.
"The statistics speak for themselves: there are around 285 million people with a visual impairment in the world, 10-15% of the world's population has dyslexia and 774 million people in the world cannot read or write. Recite Me provides the software to make any website more accessible to millions of people, by reading out the content, changing the colour contrast settings or translating into one of 52 languages, including Chinese.
"I founded Recite Me because traditional assistive technology wasn't working for me. I have dyslexia and need to change the settings on my devices so I can read the content more easily, or better still, have it read out to me. I was frustrated because the solution offered to me only worked on one computer. Like everyone else, I wanted to access content on the internet on my tablet, my smartphone or my desktop.
Recite Me is part of the UK Trade & Investment delegation of leading British technology companies which includes: Busuu, Cambridge Communication Systems, Darktrace, Epic Learning Group, Fat Pebble, Genalys, Immerse Learning, Inspired Gaming Group, Invoke Capital, Kinosis, Level39, Licentia Group, Memrise, Monitise, myPinPad, Omnisoft Services, Sayduck, SwiftKey & The Livingstone Foundation.
For further information please contact:
Catherine Grinyer: firstname.lastname@example.org , 07713248387.
Notes to editors:
1. Recite Me is an innovative Cloud based web accessibility solution which allows website visitors to customise websites the way they need it to work for them.
2. A live demonstration of the Recite software is available: www.reciteme.com
3. The software includes text to speech functionality, dyslexia software, an interactive dictionary, a translation tool with up to 52 languages and many other features.
4. Ross Linnett is the CEO & Founder of Recite Me and is available for comment.
5. UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) staff are experts in Helping Your Business Grow Internationally. They provide expert trade advice and practical support to UK-based companies wishing to grow their business overseas. UK companies wanting to find out more about exporting to China should visit www.ukti.gov.uk/China or to get in contact with someone at UKTI visit http://www.ukti.gov.uk/uktihome/contactus.html
((M2 Communications disclaims all liability for information provided within M2 PressWIRE. Data supplied by named party/parties. Further information on M2 PressWIRE can be obtained at http://www.presswire.com on the world wide web. Inquiries to email@example.com.
[ Back To Technology News's Homepage ]