MPL AG Announces EN50155 Certified Core i7 Embedded Computer for Railway Applications
(PR Web Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Dättwil, Switzerland (PRWEB) October 15, 2013
The PIP3x Family is completely designed from scratch to ensure highest reliability. The design is based on MPL's 28 years of experience in the field of low power engineering. The PIP form factor has been introduced more than 17 years ago and still remains in the same size and conception. The real advantage for the customers is the fact that the products are designed for long-term availability. To ensure this, MPL designs and manufacturers the products 100% in Switzerland. All components are stocked at MPL Switzerland to guarantee that the products can be supported and repaired, even years after EOL for a product.
• 4GB soldered on-board ECCRAM, expandable with additional memory modules.
• Four Gigabit Ethernet ports with RJ45 or M12 connectors.
• Internal expansions with PCI/104, PCI/104 Express, PMC & XMC, or PCIe cards (up to x16).
• Internal miniPCIe slot for various extensions (WLAN, UMTS/GPRS and GPS).
• External expansion options with ePCI and eSATA equipment.
• Four DB-9 connectors (RS232/422/485) allowing to connect any serial line devices.
• USB ports supporting USB3.0 and USB2.0 equipment.
• Operating temperature range -20°C to +60°C (optional -40°C to +85°C without fan).
• Standard PIP housing in 3 different heights or mounted on cooling plate.
• Long-term available - typically 10 years or more.
MPL's Railway Solutions are EN50155 certified and undergo environmental testing to ensure reliable performance under a variety of conditions. The PIP3x product family has been tested from -40°C to +85°C, called Tx in the EN 50155 Standard. It also includes the Railways Standard EMC and mechanical tests. Each PIP solution delivered in extended temperature, will also be tested in MPL's own climate chamber.
About the Company
MPL AG is located in Switzerland in the town of Daettwil near Zurich and was founded in 1985 by Rudolf Hug. Since 1985, MPL AG has been developing and manufacturing industrial PCs (boards and systems) for industrial needs and industrial controls with a high quality standard. The success of the company is based on various unique solutions: a rugged, PC compatible industrial concept, long-term availability of our products, low power consumption, extended temperature range, and passive cooling concepts (fanless).
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/10/prweb11227663.htm
(c) 2013 PRWEB.COM Newswire
[ Back To Technology News's Homepage ]