BIGBEN INTERACTIVE : 2013/14 first half sales of 68.2 EURm, up by 3.2 % year on year
(Thomson Reuters ONE via COMTEX) --
Press Release 21 October 2013, 18:00
2013/14 first half sales of 68.2 EURm, up by 3.2 % year on year
- preparation of a range of strategic products for the year-end sales
IFRS - EUR m Sales* 2013/14 2012/13 Change
1st Quarter 32.0 31.5 + 1.5 %
2nd Quarter 36.3 34.6 +4.8 %
Total 6 months 68.2 66.1 +3.2 %
Non audited data - (*) individual figures conform to rounding rules
Consolidated sales for the 2nd quarter of FY 2013/14 (from 01 July 2013 to 30 September 2013) reached 36.3 EURm, a like for like increase of 4.8 % when compared to the same period of the previous financial year. This achievement was supported by:
- a 28.6 % rise of Audio products with 4.3 EURm sales showing the increasing contribution of Sound towers;
- a 4.8 % growth of Smartphone accessories with 20.6 EURm sales.
Prior to a strategic 3rd quarter covering strongly expected Christmas sales with both new Bigben Interactive products and the launch of new video game console formats, sales in Gaming accessories are down to 6.7 EURm against 8.5 EURm in the second quarter of FY 2012/2013, reflecting the receding market since the beginning of the current calendar year.
Group consolidated sales for the first six months of the 2013/2014 financial half year amounted to 68.2 EURm, up by 3.2 % like for like.
Breakdown of turnover by businesses (like for like)
Businesses (in EUR m)* 2013/14 Relative 2012/13 Relative Change
EUR m share EUR m Share
Accessories (consoles+mobile phones) 54.1 79.3% 53.5 80.9% +1.2 %
Audio 7.6 11.1% 5.8 8.8% +29.7%
Publishing (retail+digital) 0.7 1.0% 0.9 1.4% -23.4%
Design & Publishing 62.4 91.4% 60.2 91.1% + 3.6%
Distribution 5.9 8.6% 5.9 8.9% -0.3%
Total 68.2 100.0% 66.1 100.0% +3.2 %
(*) individual figures conform to rounding rules
Breakdown of turnover by territories, including domestic sales and export sales
from these territories
Cumulative in EUR m* Germany Benelux France Hong Kong Total
6 months 2012-13 5.1 5.2 54.0 1.8 66.1
6 months 2013-14 5.1 4.5 54.8 3.9 68.2
(*) individual figures conform to rounding rules
The analysis of Group sales during 2013/2014 first half shows:
- steady sales in Germany, in spite of high sales in the same period of previous financial year due to the distribution of the Test Drive Ferrari video game software;
- a drop in sales in Benelux due to the lack of significant releases in video game exclusive distribution;
- a minimal growth of sales in France following the same trend as Group consolidated sales ;
- a significant growth of sales from Hong Kong due to the deliveries to Asia of the Cyberbike for Samsung Smart TV, this zone being the first chosen for the launch of this convergence accessory.
Outlook: a strong product range for a strategic 3rd quarter
Banking on the launch of several key products for Multimedia Accessories (Jean-Paul Gaultier license, Ora ito Mobility range) and of two Gaming star products (the WRC 4 rally software published by the Group and the Gametab-One, a tablet dedicated to video gaming), Bigben Interactive approaches the Christmas sales period with confidence. This strategic period will benefit from an effervescent market boosted by the release of the new console formats i.e. 2DS(TM) by Nintendo, PlayStation®4 by Sony and XboxOne(TM) by Microsoft.
In view of the above, the Bigben Interactive Group:
- anticipates a temporary degradation of its margins resulting from a less favourable product mix in the first half of FY 2013/2014 just ended ;
- expects to restore its operating profitability in the 3rd quarter thanks to a concentration of sales on high margin products and a sales growth in excess of 10% ;
- maintains its 2013/14 targets of sales exceeding 175 EURm (growth of more than 7 %) and of a current operating margin over 8%.
Next press release: Half-year results 2013/2014: Monday 18 November 2013 (after close of business)
Market leader for both video gaming accessories and mobile phone accessories, the BIGBEN INTERACTIVE Group has a recognized know-how for developing innovating products in order to meet the evolution of the multimedia world. Its ambition is to become a leader in converging multimedia accessories and a key player on the European multimedia market, relying on its size, its development capabilities and its commercial network.
270 employees - FY 2012/13 sales: 164 EUR m - France, Benelux, Germany, Hong-Kong
Eurolist of Euronext Paris, C market segment - Indexes : CAC MID & SMALL
Eligible stock for PEA and for SRD long
ISIN : FR0000074072 ; Reuters : BIG.PA ; Bloomberg : BIG FP
Investor relations : Francois Bozon, phone : + 33 (0) 184.108.40.206.53
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org - website : http//www.bigben.fr
This announcement is distributed by Thomson Reuters on behalf of Thomson Reuters clients.
The owner of this announcement warrants that:
(i) the releases contained herein are protected by copyright and other applicable laws; and
(ii) they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the
information contained therein.
Source: BIGBEN INTERACTIVE via Thomson Reuters ONE
BBI 2013/14 first half sales - http://hugin.info/143373/R/1737076/582299.pdf
[ Back To Technology News's Homepage ]