Cabrini College Launches New Programs
(Targeted News Service Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) RADNOR, Pa., Nov. 1 -- Cabrini College issued the following news release:
Cabrini College has launched new majors, minors, and master's degree programs, including Special-Education and K-12 Administrative Certification.
New Undergraduate Majors
- Digital Communication and Social Media (starts fall 2014)
- International Business
- 4+1 Accounting
- Health Sciences
- Degree Completion in Leadership Studies (hybrid program)
New Undergraduate Minors
- Black Studies
- Leadership Studies
New Graduate Major and Concentrations
- Master of Accounting
- Master of Science in Leadership Concentrations:
- Non-Profit, Civic, and Organizational Leadership Studies
A new Digital Communication and Social Media major will prepare students for a variety of careers in these rapidly evolving fields. The new major builds on the College's strong base of existing Communication courses, augmented and enhanced regularly as the industry itself changes.
Helping to keep course content current is Trustee David Regn '97, co-founder of Stream Companies, an award-winning advertising agency firmly grounded in the digital space.
Regn worked with Jerry Zurek, Ph.D., Chair of the Communication Department, in designing the new major, which includes social media courses in marketing, management, evaluation, and leadership.
The International Business major prepares students to work in the increasingly global, interconnected business environment.
Students in this Bachelor of Science degree program will master theory and practice in accounting, finance, marketing, and management. International internships will be a distinctive element. Students in this major can choose a concentration in non-profit management, public administration, or advertising.
- International Business Major (http://www.cabrini.edu/Academics/Academic-Departments/Business-Department/International-Business-Major.aspx)
The Degree-Completion Program with a Leadership Studies major was designed primarily for working adults who have completed an associate degree and wish to complete their undergraduate studies at Cabrini College.
As a "hybrid" program, approximately half of the courses will be online to accommodate working adult schedules.
- Degree Completion Program: Leadership Studies Major (http://www.cabrini.edu/Academics/Degree-Completion.aspx)
In Accounting, students can earn a Bachelor of Science, a Master of Accounting, or both in the 4+1 program, which is a five-year program.
Because additional credit hours beyond a bachelor's degree are now required to take the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam, the 4+1 program enables students to earn the required 150 credits, while enhancing their in-depth knowledge of areas such as international accounting and forensic accounting.
- Accounting Major or Minor (http://www.cabrini.edu/Academics/Academic-Departments/Business-Department/Accounting-Major-or-Minor.aspx)
The Black Studies minor, housed in the History and Political Science Department, expands the College's capacity to offer a more inclusive curriculum that connects with the intellectual and cultural heritage of people of African descent.
- Black Studies Minor (http://www.cabrini.edu/Academics/Academic-Departments/History-and-Political-Science-Department/Black-Studies-Minor.aspx)
The Writing minor, made up of 18 credits of high-level English courses, enriches students in any field who wish to gain a more informed appreciation for literature and the language arts, as well as students who desire additional writing instruction and support to meet their professional goals.
- Writing Minor (http://www.cabrini.edu/Academics/Academic-Departments/English-Department/English-Major/English-and-Writing-Minors.aspx)
The Leadership Studies minor is designed for students from all majors and disciplines, focusing on a personal style of ethical leadership and preparation for leadership positions in their careers and communities.
- Leadership Studies Minor (http://www.cabrini.edu/Academics/Leadership/Leadership-Studies-Minor.aspx)
The Master of Accounting program is designed to meet the needs of recent accounting graduates, career-changers, and working professionals who wish to further develop their accounting expertise and increase their career opportunities.
Students can earn a graduate degree in accounting in as little as fifteen months as a part-time student, and the program satisfies the requirement of 150 credit hours for the CPA exam.
- Master of Accounting (http://www.cabrini.edu/Graduate/Graduate-Programs/Master-of-Accounting.aspx)
The Master of Science in Leadership program (formerly Master of Science in Organizational Leadership) offers new concentrations in non-profit, civic, and organizational leadership studies.
- Master of Science in Leadership Program (http://www.cabrini.edu/Graduate/Graduate-Programs/Master-of-Science-in-Leadership.aspx)
Also available are the following Education programs:
- Master of Education with Special-Education Certification (http://www.cabrini.edu/Graduate/Graduate-Programs/MEd-and-Teaching-Certification/MEd-with-Teaching-Certification/MEd-and-Special-Education-Certification.aspx)
- Special-Education Certification without Master of Education (http://www.cabrini.edu/Graduate/Graduate-Programs/MEd-and-Teaching-Certification/MEd-with-Teaching-Certification/MEd-and-Special-Education-Certification/Special-Education-Certification-without-MEd.aspx)
- Master of Education with K-12 Administrative Certification (http://www.cabrini.edu/Graduate/Graduate-Programs/MEd-and-Teaching-Certification/MEd-and-Principal-Administrative-I-Certification.aspx)
TNS 24KuanRap-131102 30FurigayJof-4536432 30FurigayJof
(c) 2013 Targeted News Service
[ Back To Technology News's Homepage ]