Market Research Reports, Inc. (www.marketresearchreports.com): MarketResearchReports.com: ICT Priorities in Energy - Enterprise ICT investment plans, New Report Launched
(M2 PressWIRE Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Market Research Reports, Inc. has announced the addition of "ICT Priorities in Energy - Enterprise ICT investment plans" research report to their offering.
This report presents the findings from a survey of 128 energy companies regarding their Information and Communications Technology (ICT) investment priorities. The survey investigates the core technologies which energy companies are investing in, including the likes of enterprise applications, security, mobility, communications and collaboration, and Cloud Computing.
Know more information visit: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/kable/ict-priorities-energy-enterprise-ict-investment-plans
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
In order to provide deeper insights into energy companies' ICT investment priorities and strategic objectives.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Amidst economic uncertainty and increasing competition, energy companies are placing greater emphasis on deploying enterprise applications. These companies are gradually moving to the cloud environment to gain efficiency and optimise performance, although several legal and regulatory compliance issues remain.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Energy companies across the globe are migrating their workloads to the cloud environment in order to gain operational efficiencies and optimise their performance.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
Global ICT Intelligence has invested significant resources in order to interview CIOs and IT managers about their IT investment priorities. Very few IT analyst houses will have interviewed 120+ ICT decision makers in energy industry in H2 2012.
Key Features and Benefits :
Recognize energy companies' strategic objectives with regards to their ICT investments.
Identify energy companies' investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as enterprise applications, security, mobility, communications and collaboration, and Cloud Computing, etc.
Learn about the drivers that are influencing energy companies' investments in each technology category.
Establish how energy companies' IT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category.
Gain insight into how energy companies' plan to change their ICT budget allocations across various segments within a technology category.
Key Market Issues:
- Globally, energy companies are attaching high importance to addressing cybersecurity concerns in order to enhance the security and reliability of their ICT infrastructure. The survey shows that energy companies assign the strategic objective of improving security and privacy the highest average rating of X on a scale of 1 to 4.
- Energy companies are placing greater emphasis on deploying enterprise applications to enhance their operational efficiencies, increase growth opportunities, and improve customer experience. The highest proportion of energy companies are planning to invest in enterprise applications in the next two years.
- To minimise the complexity of their ICT infrastructure, 94% of energy companies are currently investing in IT systems management, and 83% are planning to invest here through to the end of 2014.
- Most energy companies operate with video conferencing, which has the highest penetration rate of the various communications and collaboration technologies of 68%.
- Oil and natural gas companies are leading the way in terms of reducing greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) by investing significantly in green technologies. This is evident from the survey, which shows that 92% of energy companies have deployed some form of green IT solution, and 83% are planning to invest in this domain in the next two years.
- The survey illustrates that data warehousing/marts are the most widely deployed BI solution amongst energy companies, with a current penetration rate of 70%, closely followed by analytics with a penetration rate of (67%).
- In the next two years, IAM, end-point security, and backup and archive are set to garner greater investments from energy companies, with the highest proportion (X) of respondents anticipating investments in these security segments.
- Web content management (WCM) is the second most preferred area of investment, with 74% of respondents stating that they are already using this solution.
- The survey also indicates that 82% of respondents are planning investments in enterprise mobility owing to the increased usage of tablets and smartphones, as well as high demand for mobile applications.
- Energy companies are taking a cautious and calculated approach to migrate to the cloud environment by using a mix of private and public cloud (hybrid cloud) solutions. This is evident from the survey, which shows that the highest percentage of respondents is planning investments in hybrid cloud in the next two years.
Spanning over 34 pages, 14 Tables and 14 Figures, "ICT Priorities in Energy - Enterprise ICT investment plans" report covering the Enterprise ICT investment trends, Detailed ICT investment priorities, Summary and Appendix.
Find all Telecom Infrastructure and Networks Reports at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/telecom-infrastructure-networks
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. (MarketResearchReports.com) is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
For regular industry updates subscribe to our newsletter at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/subscribe-to-newsletter
Mr. Amitava Sen
General Manager - Sales & Marketing
Market Research Reports, Inc.
Tel USA: +1-302-703-7787
Tel India: +91-80-26860858
Follow us on LinkedIn : http://www.linkedin.com/company/market-research-reports-inc-
Follow us on slideshare : http://www.slideshare.net/MarketResearchReports
Follow us on Vimeo : http://vimeo.com/marketresearchreports
Follow us on Google+ at: https://plus.google.com/+Marketresearchreports
((M2 Communications disclaims all liability for information provided within M2 PressWIRE. Data supplied by named party/parties. Further information on M2 PressWIRE can be obtained at http://www.presswire.com on the world wide web. Inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org)).
(c) 2013 M2 COMMUNICATIONS
[ Back To Technology News's Homepage ]