Teacher's pet(s) [New Straits Time (Malaysia)]
(New Straits Time (Malaysia) Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Educators today have technology on their side to assist them complete tasks efficiently.Siti Syareen Md Khalili lists five tools
Epson Workforce Pro 7011
1. Sold at www.lazada.com.my for RM979, this multi-function printer supports media sizes up to A3+ to assist teachers in coming up with posters, graphs and charts for the students. Comes with card slots and USB, Wi-Fi and Ethernet connectivity options too.
Wacom Cintiq Companion
2. With a 13.3-inch display, the tablet is perfect for teachers who want to create and demonstrate creative graphics in the classroom. Available in 256GB and 512GB variations and priced at RM7,749 and RM9,749 respectively, the Cintiq Companion is also equipped with Intel Core, Intel HD Graphics 4000 and 8GB memory. This machine runs on Windows 8 and is able to run full versions of creative software such as Adobe Photoshop and Creative Cloud. More info at www.wacom.com/en/sg.
Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Generation
3. Reading is part and parcel of the teaching preparations. With the Kindle Paperwhite e-reader, teachers need to spend only four hours of charging and the battery can last up to eight weeks. With built-in Wi-Fi, one can access over one million books and save over 1,000 titles in the e-reader's 2GB internal memory. RM549 at www.youbeli.com.
4. Keep in touch with students and fellow teachers using Viber, a free messaging app that can be used on iPhone, Android, BlackBerry, Windows Phone, Nokia and Bada phones as well as desktop. Use Viber over WiFi or 3G to call and send text or photos. Viber to viber calls are free while with ViberOut credits users can call non-Viber user numbers at a lower rate via VoIP. Start at www.viber.com.
Panasonic PTLB1 LCD Projector
5. Priced at RM1,720 at www.ipmart.com, this nifty projector weighs only 2.3kg and yet packs in 3LCD display technology and various interfaces including RGB, LAN and serial RS-232C for effortless connection.
(c) 2014 ProQuest Information and Learning Company; All Rights Reserved.
[ Back To Technology News's Homepage ]