Reader complains with telecom companies resolved [Gulf News (United Arab Emirates)]
(Gulf News (United Arab Emirates) Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) False promotions
I have been a Du customer for over the past three years on the Super Elite 250 plan. On the Du website, I saw a promotion "Smartphone Festival" where they had promotions on smartphones bought through Du. I was interested in Samsung Note 3 where the promotion is that if I buy the Samsung Note 3 4G LTE through Du, I would get the handset for Dh500 less, if I am an existing customer (which I am, plus they will offer me 10 GB of free data every month for the next 12 months if my spend was Dh250). For new customers, the offer will be the same only that they would have to pay for the new sim card and all other associated costs with a new Du connection. I called the customer service to confirm the offer. They confirmed it and said I can either buy it online or I can visit a Du store and buy the phone for the same offer. So I went to the Mall of Emirates Du store. There again I confirmed the offer with the receptionist. He confirmed the offer but said their systems are down hence I need to come back tomorrow and avail the offer. But I wanted to check with the customer service agents and book the handset even if it meant that I needed to collect it the following day. So, I took my token number, waited for an hour (57 customers ahead of me) and went to the Customer Service again upon my turn. He said I could buy the handset immediately and discussed the package details and the plan. Then suddenly he went to speak to the manager and upon return said the offer is no longer available. I argued and showed them that the Du website still shows the offer and doesn't mention anything about expiry of the offer. He called the manager who repeated the same reason. Then he called someone at Du and said that it was a mistake on Du's part not to remove the offer from the website. My complaint here is:
1. There is no co-ordination between the phone customer service, store receptionist, customer service agents and the customer service manager. Why can't they inform all their staff about the offers available and when they expire and update their website accordingly?
2. The receptionist at the store lied to me that Du systems were down and that I have to come back and buy the handset on the same offer. I will never know why.
3. If the Du website mentions the offer (even if it is a mistake on their part) they need to honour their commitment on ethical grounds as I am a paying customer with them for the past three years (they classify me as a "Premium Customer").
4. Their lack of co-ordination hassled me and I had to wait my turn at the store for about an hour for nothing.
5. All the manager had to say is that I should hurry and buy the handset on their e-shop as the error there will still allow me to avail the offer but will be corrected immediately. All he had to offer for all the above mistakes was "I am sorry but I cannot help you".
Can you kindly forward my complaint to Du as I am flabbergasted at this attitude?
From Mr Sajid Dosani
A spokesperson from Du responds:
In response to the issue faced by Mr Dosani, we apologise for the inconvenience caused to him due to the unintended miscommunication. We are glad to confirm that the matter has been sorted out and Mr Dosani received the smartphone. We give utmost attention to customer experience and as a step towards enhancing it we have brought this case to the attention of our quality assurance team in Du.
I have an issue with Etisalat regarding my home TV connection. I was offered eLife triple play at my residence against eVision. The service was installed on July 16, 2013 and since then, I have been charged Dh288 for the service. The top box for eVision was returned but still despite having lodged a complaint and several calls to the call centre, I was being charged Dh79. Last month, I was told by a duty officer at Deira City Centre that the same will be refunded but I have still not heard from them. I have sent them several emails, but no reply. Please help me resolve this issue.
From Mr Shaikh Imran Saeed
Editor's note: The complaint was forwarded to Etisalat for comments. However, despite repeated reminders, Etisalat management did not respond.
Editor's note: Do you have similar issues that you would like to raise with us? You can write to us at email@example.com
(c) 2014 Al Nisr Publishing LLC . All rights reserved. Provided by Syndigate.info, an Albawaba.com company
[ Back To Technology News's Homepage ]