|[February 14, 2014]
Research and Markets: Life Insurance in Canada, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
DUBLIN --(Business Wire)--
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ncn3t4/life_insurance_in)
has announced the addition of the "Life
Insurance in Canada, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017"
report to their offering.
The Canadian life insurance segment registered a review-period
(2008-2012) compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.3% despite a
prolonged period of low interest rates, rising levels of household debt,
the European debt crisis and weak economic development. Growth was
partially a consequence of re-pricing and de-risking practices adopted
by insurers, which eventually strengthened their capital positions and
balance sheets. Growth was compounded by the strong performance of the
equity market, low unemployment rates and inflation. These factors are
expected to support the growth of the segment over the forecast period
(2012-2017). As such, the segment is expected to increase from a value
of CAD40.2 billion (US$40.2 billion) in 2012 to CAD49.0 billion (US$47.3
billion) in 2017, at a projected CAGR of 4.1%. Numerous challenges will
be faced however, with persistently low interest rates over the early
part of the forecast period and regulatory challenges relating to
capital and solvency margins being the main issues.
- Provides historical values for the Canadian life insurance segment for
the report's 2008-2012 review period and forecast figures for the
2012-2017 forecast period.
- Offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in the Canadian life
insurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2017.
- Covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium,
incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio,
frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions.
- Analyses the various distribution channels for life insurance products
- Details the competitive landscape in Canada for the life insurance
- Provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance segment in Canada and
its growth prospects.
- Profiles the top life insurance companies in Canada and outlines the
key regulations affecting them.
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast
market data related to the Canadian life insurance segment and each
category within it
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth
opportunities within the Canadian life insurance segment
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the life insurance segment, along
with the reinsurance segment
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Canadian insurance
industry and its impact on companies and the market's future
Key Topics Covered
1 Executive Summary
3 Regional Market Dynamics
4 Life Insurance Segment - Regional Benchmarking
5 Canadian Insurance Industry Attractiveness
6 Life Insurance Outlook
7 Analysis by Distribution Channel
8 Porter's Five Forces Analysis - Canadian Life Insurance
9 Reinsurance Growth Dynamics and Challenges
10 Governance, Risk and Compliance
11 Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights
12 Business Environment and Country Risk
BMO Life Insurance Company
Co-operators Life Insurance Company
Manulife Financial Corporation
RBC Life Insurance Company
Sun Life Financial Inc.
The Empire Life Insurance Company
The Equitable Life Insurance Company of Canada
The Great-West Life Assurance Company
The Standard Life Assurance Company of Canada
Transamerica (News - Alert) Life Canada
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ncn3t4/life_insurance_in
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international
market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest
data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top
companies, new products.
[ Back To Technology News's Homepage ]