Brian Herlihy returns to SEACOM as executive director [Bizcommunity (South Africa)]
(Bizcommunity (South Africa) Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) After SEACOM CEO Mark Simpson's decision to step down, the company has announced that its original founder and CEO, Brian Herlihy, will be assuming a leadership role at SEACOM.
The SEACOM business is well known to Brian given his role in establishing SEACOM. Brian is tasked with continuing the expansion of SEACOM's product offering and world class customer service offering into Africa and beyond.
Simpson stepped down in order to pursue personal interests. He has lead the business from a successful project finance initiative into a dynamic broadband subsea cable operator.
SEACOM also announced a new senior-management structure designed to cater for the company's growth plans:
- Chris Smyth was appointed as CFO in October 2013 and takes a hands-on approach to financial management with his strengths in wide financial, commercial and operational experience and expertise.
- Previous head of product strategy, Suveer Ramdhani has been appointed as head of the newly established business development group, which will focus on SEACOM's strategic growth into new markets.
- Product and service development will be consolidated into the Sales and Marketing functions currently under the leadership of chief commercial officer, Byron Clatterbuck.
- Willem Marais has been promoted to global head of sales, with global responsibility for all SEACOM sales teams across all segments.
- Robert Marston has been promoted to global head of product and will taking the lead in designing, developing and managing all SEACOM products and services;
- Nicola Haynes-Smart has been promoted to head of business operations. In addition to her responsibility for sales operations, she will drive analysis of business performance together with the product team.
All rights reserved.
(c) 2014 Bizcommunity.com Provided by Syndigate.info, an Albawaba.com company
[ Back To Technology News's Homepage ]