Government of Canada Announces Appointment to CBC/Radio-Canada
(Targeted News Service Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) OTTAWA, Ontario, March 10 -- The government of Canada released the following news on behalf of Canadian Heritage:
Minister of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages Shelly Glover today announced the appointment of Cecil S. Hawkins as a member of the Board of Directors of CBC/Radio-Canada for a term of five years, effective March 6, 2014.
- Mr. Hawkins is president and owner of Canerector Inc., a Toronto-based multi-divisional company focused on metal fabrication and erection. It operates more than 60 plants across North America and employs over 3,000 people.
- Mr. Hawkins has served as chair of the Minister's Advisory Committee with the Canadian Space Agency, as well as director and trustee of TerraVest Industries.
- Mr. Hawkins holds a Bachelor of Laws degree from Dalhousie University in Halifax, Nova Scotia, and Master and Bachelor of Arts degrees from Cambridge University - Christ's College in the United Kingdom.
- CBC/Radio-Canada is the national public broadcaster and one of Canada's largest cultural institutions. It offers regionally and culturally diverse programming by, for, and about Canadians in English and French across the country, in eight Aboriginal languages across the North, and in five foreign languages internationally.
"It is with great pleasure that I announce that Mr. Hawkins has accepted the invitation to join the Board of Directors of Canada's national public broadcaster. The managerial, strategic planning, and business development skills he has developed over 35 years will greatly serve the Board and the Corporation."
--Shelly Glover, Minister of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages
- To learn more about CBC/Radio-Canada, visit http://www.cbc.radio-canada.ca/
- For additional details on Canerector Inc., visit http://www.canerector.com/
TNS 18EstebanLiz-140311-30FurigayJane-4661999 30FurigayJane
(c) 2014 Targeted News Service
[ Back To Technology News's Homepage ]