FERC Issues Order Approving Revised Exhibits re PacifiCorp Under P-2381
(Targeted News Service Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) WASHINGTON, March 13 -- The U.S. Department of Energy's Federal Energy Regulatory Commission issued the text of the following delegated order:
Project No. 2381-064
ORDER APPROVING REVISED EXHIBITS
(Issued March 13, 2014)
1. On November 27, 2013, and supplemented February 3, 2014, PacifiCorp, licensee for the Ashton Project No. 2381, filed revised Exhibits A and F as required by ordering paragraph (H) of the September 13, 2013 Order Amending License, Designating New Docket Number, Approving Transfer of License, and Revising Annual Charges. The project is located on the Henry's Fork of the Snake River in Fremont County, Idaho and occupies federal lands administered by the U.S. Bureau of Land Management.
2. As licensed, the Ashton Project was named the Ashton - St. Anthony Project and consisted of two developments, the Ashton development and the St. Anthony development. The September 13, 2013 order approved the separation of the two developments into two independent projects. Ordering paragraph (H) of the Order requires the licensee to file revised Exhibits A, F, and G to show the administrative changes caused by the amendment.
3. Under a separate proceeding, the Commission's Portland Regional Office authorized the licensee to commence construction on the second phase of the Ashton dam rehabilitation project on December 23, 2011. On September 16, 2013, following completion of the rehabilitation project, the licensee filed as-built Exhibits A and F to show the modified project. Commission staff reviewed these exhibits and requested minor changes in a discussion with licensee staff on November 8, 2013.
4. On November 27, 2014, the licensee filed Exhibits A and F to comply with ordering paragraph (H) of the September 13, 2013 order. These exhibits also included edits requested during the discussions with Commission staff. While reviewing these drawings, Commission staff noted that not all of the outstanding Exhibit F drawings for the Ashton Project had been filed and discovered several discrepancies. The licensee agreed to investigate the matter and make an additional filing with the most current information.
5. In its November 27, 2013 filing, the licensee included a revised Exhibit A describing the rehabilitated project features and administrative changes. The revised Exhibit A adequately describes the project and is approved in ordering paragraph (A). Additionally, we have reviewed the Exhibit F drawings filed February 3, 2014, and found that they show the as-built conditions of the project and include the requested administrative changes. The drawings comply with the Commission's rules and regulations, and will be approved by this order. In ordering paragraph (B) we are approving the drawings and the licensee is required to file them in aperture card and electronic format as shown in ordering paragraph (C).
The Director orders:
(A) The Exhibit A, filed on November 27, 2013 for the Ashton Project No. 2381, is approved and made part of the license, superseding the previous Exhibit A.
(B) The following exhibit drawings, filed on February 3, 2014, conform to the Commission's rules and regulations, and are approved and made part of the license, as labeled and numbered below. The superseded drawings are deleted from the license.
Click here to view table: http://elibrary.ferc.gov/idmws/common/opennat.asp?fileID=13483575
(C) Within 45 days of the date of issuance of this order, the licensee shall file the approved exhibit drawings in aperture card and electronic file formats.
a) Three sets of the approved exhibit drawings shall be reproduced on silver or gelatin 35mm microfilm. All microfilm shall be mounted on type D (3-1/4" X 7-3/8") aperture cards. Prior to microfilming, the FERC Project-Drawing Number (i.e., P-2381-62, etc.) shall be shown in the margin below the title block of the approved drawing. After mounting, the FERC Drawing Number shall be typed on the upper right corner of each aperture card. Additionally, the Project Number, FERC Exhibit (F-2), Drawing Title, and date of this order shall be typed on the upper left corner of each aperture card. See Figure 1.
Click here to view figure I: http://elibrary.ferc.gov/idmws/common/opennat.asp?fileID=13483575
Two of the sets of aperture cards shall be filed with the Secretary of the Commission, ATTN: OEP/DHAC. The third set shall be filed with the Commission's Division of Dam Safety and Inspections Portland Regional Office.
b) The licensee shall file two separate sets of exhibit drawings in electronic raster format with the Secretary of the Commission, ATTN: OEP/DHAC. A third set shall be filed with the Commission's Division of Dam Safety and Inspections Portland Regional Office. Exhibit F drawings must be segregated from other project exhibits, and identified as Confidential Energy Infrastructure Information (CEII) material under 18 CFR section388.113(c). Each drawing must be a separate electronic file, and the file name shall include: FERC Project-Drawing Number, FERC Exhibit, Drawing Title, date of this order, and file extension in the following format [P-2381-62, F-2, Powerhouse - Plans, MM-DD-YYYY.TIF]. Electronic drawings shall meet the following format specification:
IMAGERY - black & white raster file
FILE TYPE - Tagged Image File Format, (TIFF) CCITT Group 4
RESOLUTION - 300 dpi desired, (200 dpi min)
DRAWING SIZE FORMAT - 24" X 36" (min), 28" X 40" (max)
FILE SIZE - less than 1 MB desired
(D) This order constitutes final agency action. Any party may file a request for rehearing of this order within 30 days from the date of its issuance, as provided in section 313(a) of the Federal Power Act, 16 U.S.C. section 825l (2012), and the Commission's regulations at 18 C.F.R. section 385.713 (2013). The filing of a request for rehearing does not operate as a stay of the effective date of this order, or of any other date specified in this order. The licensee's failure to file a request for rehearing shall constitute acceptance of this order.
Chief, Engineering Resources Branch
Division of Hydropower Administration and Compliance
TNS 18EstebanLiz-140316-30FurigayJane-4669997 30FurigayJane
(c) 2014 Targeted News Service
[ Back To Technology News's Homepage ]