New Orleans Tourism Marketing Corporation (NOTMC) Enhances "FollowYourNOLA.com" with Celebrity NOLA Itineraries and Even More Ways to 'Follow Your NOLA'
(PR Web Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) New Orleans, LA (PRWEB) April 07, 2014
The New Orleans Tourism Marketing Corporation (NOTMC) today announced it is introducing new features to "followyournola.com", to inspire people to discover New Orleans and "Follow Your NOLA" through the site's interactive, map-based experience. Now visitors to the site can create their own custom journeys through the city, explore itineraries created by national and local celebrities including Emeril Lagasse, Susan Spicer and Jon Cleary, and uncover new experiences at every turn.
"We know it is important for our visitors to plan ahead so we have designed followyournola.com to show them both our endless options available, as well as how to navigate around the city while they discover the many treasures here," said Mark Romig, President and CEO of New Orleans Tourism Marketing Corporation (NOTMC). "The site is designed to help search for restaurants, clubs, music venues, historic sites, museums, galleries, and unique attractions…all a part of the real, authentic cultural destination we call New Orleans."
Followyournola.com is designed to inspire people to see New Orleans as a real, authentic cultural destination, and to practically help them plan a trip and navigate every corner of the city. It introduces visitors to all of the restaurants, clubs, music venues, historic sites, museums, galleries and unique attractions, revealing there's no limit to what someone can discover in New Orleans.
The full website experience includes:
• Interactive Map – A beautiful, watercolor map, powered by Google Maps, that showcases popular neighborhoods and outdoor destinations from City Park to the Mississippi River Front, local transit routes, streetcar lines and airport resources.
• "My NOLA" Trip Planner – A personalization feature that allows visitors to build their own sharable profiles and customized journeys through the city.
• Celebrity "NOLA" Itineraries – Visitors can now "Follow Their NOLA" to explore the favorite destinations of the city's renowned locals and visitors, including famous chefs, musicians, artists and more.
• Find Attractions and Hotels – Visitors can choose from thousands of attractions, hotels, restaurants and venues, filtered by neighborhood, cuisine, price or amenity.
• What's "Coming Up" – An insiders' guide to all the best places to Eat, Drink, Shop and Play in New Orleans.
The new interactive experience builds on the award-winning "Follow Your NOLA" campaign that was introduced in 2013 as a national leisure tourism campaign for the city. It is designed to showcase the rich culture, history and music that runs deep in NOLA and to invite tourists to "live like locals." The campaign and new website experience was created by NOTMC in collaboration with agency of record 360i, in partnership with New Orleans-based Skuba Design.
The "Follow Your NOLA" campaign will return this spring via broadcast television and digital media in target cities, as well as on Visit New Orleans and GoNOLA social channels. Join and follow the campaign via #followyournola.
NOTMC promotes the city as a leisure tourism destination throughout the year. Annually, NOTMC's marketing campaigns include strategic print, broadcast, and Internet advertising and public relations. Websites: NewOrleansOnline.com; followyournola.com; GoNOLA.com; Facebook.com/NewOrleans; Twitter.com/visitneworleans; Instagram.com/VisitNewOrleans; YouTube.com/gonolatv
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/04/prweb11741412.htm
(c) 2014 PRWEB.COM Newswire
[ Back To Technology News's Homepage ]