NAKIVO Releases v4 with Microsoft Exchange Objects Recovery and Backup Verification
(PR Web Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) CAMPBELL, CA (PRWEB) April 22, 2014
NAKIVO Inc., the fastest-growing virtualization data protection company, has announced today the release of NAKIVO Backup & Replication v4 adding Microsoft Exchange Objects Recovery, Microsoft Exchange logs truncation, and VM backup verification features. More details and free trial are available at http://www.nakivo.com/en/VMware-Backup-Free-Trial.htm.
The new version provides the ability to:
• Instantly browse, search, and recover Microsoft Exchange objects – such as emails – directly from compressed and deduplicated VMware VM backups, without the need to restore the entire VM first. This feature is 100% agentless, works right out of the box, and does not require creating a special lab or run a special backup type (Exchange objects can be recovered even from existing NAKIVO backups created by previous versions of the product).
• Truncate Microsoft Exchange logs. Over time, Microsoft Exchange database transaction log files accumulate and can consume all of the available disk space, if not periodically removed. NAKIVO Backup & Replication v4 provides the option to delete (aka truncate) the logs after a successful backup to free up disk space. This feature is also purely agentless and works right out of the box.
• Verify VM backups ad hoc or on schedule. NAKIVO Backup & Replication checks VM backups at the block level and ensures that the data written to the backup repository is identical to the data that was read from the source VM, thus verifying that application objects, files, and the entire VM can be recovered. Built for virtualization, NAKIVO Backup & Replication has been certified by VMware and offers a complete VM data protection feature set for SMB, Enterprise, and Cloud Provider virtualized environments. The product is purely agentless, backs up and replicates VMware VMs onsite over LAN and offsite over (a slow) WAN, supports live applications and databases, enables granular and full VM recovery, speeds up data transfer with network acceleration, and reduces data size with global deduplication and compression. EDITIONS, PRICING, AND LICENSING
All new features are available in the Enterprises editions of NAKIVO Backup & Replication, namely:
• The Enterprise edition - $599 per socket
• The Enterprise for VMware Essentials edition - $299 per socket. NAKIVO Backup & Replication is licensed on the per-socked basis and charges only for the source side of backup and replication. Qualified Cloud Service Providers have an option to license the product on a per-VM monthly rental basis. QUOTES
"We are excited to introduce this new version to the VMware virtualization market. This release will further accelerate our explosive growth and adoption among SMBs, enterprises, and cloud providers." Bruce Talley, CEO and Co-Founder of NAKIVO. "After testing several VM data protection products side by side, we realized that NAKIVO Backup & Replication, along with their highly responsive support team, was the best VM backup solution for our Backup as a Service offering. With advanced VM Backup functionality, superior usability and impressive performance, NAKIVO Backup & Replication has also reduced our overall virtualization data protection costs by 40%." Primoz Lah, CTO, RVO. "NAKIVO Backup & Replication keeps moving forward fast with new releases. The new features introduced in v4 enable SMBs, Enterprises, and Cloud Providers to improve data protection reliability and significantly reduce the time for Microsoft Exchange recovery." Vladan Seget, vExpert, VCP, VCAP, blogger, http://www.vladan.fr. "NAKIVO Backup & Replication is a fast and intuitive product for VMware data protection. The new v4 release improves the product capabilities by providing a simple and easy way to validate VM backups and recover Exchange objects directly from compressed and de-duplicated VM backups." Ryon Brubaker, IT Manager, Kemba Credit Union, Inc. "It is always good to know that we have chosen the right partner. It is even better when the partner products advance to the next level. NAKIVO Backup & Replication can now replace expensive legacy tools for Exchange recovery, simplify restore processes, and improve RTOs. From our point of view, these features are a must have in every virtualized environment." Dipl. Inf. Thomas Hilgert , Hilgert Distribution. RESOURCES
• Overview: http://www.nakivo.com/VMware-VM-backup-replication-recovery-software.htm
• Datasheet: http://www.nakivo.com/Resources/NBR-DS.pdf
• Success Stories: http://www.nakivo.com/success-stories.htm
• Trial Download: http://www.nakivo.com/en/VMware-Backup-Free-Trial.htm
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, NAKIVO is a privately-held software company that has been profitable since founding in 2012. With more than 2,400 customers and over 400 channel partners worldwide, NAKIVO develops and markets a line of next generation data protection products for VMware virtualized environments. NAKIVO provides a fast, reliable, and affordable VM backup and replication solution for enabling SMBs and enterprises to protect and recover VM data onsite, offsite, and in the cloud. NAKIVO has also enabled over 50 hosting, managed, and cloud services providers to create and offer VM Backup-as-a service, Replication-as-a service, and DR-as-a service to their customers. NAKIVO was the first virtualization backup specialist to offer VM backup to public clouds such as Amazon to SMB customers and multi-tenancy to service providers and enterprise customers. For more information, please visit http://www.nakivo.com.
MarCom Manager, NAKIVO
+1 408 916 5955
Tags: VM Backup | Business Continuity | Cloud Backup | Data Protection | Disaster Recovery | Deduplication | NAKIVO | VM Replication | Recovery
NAKIVO and NAKIVO Transporter are trademarks or registered trademarks of NAKIVO, Inc. VMware, VMware vSphere and VMware Ready are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions. Other trade names or words used in this document are the properties of their respective owners.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/04/prweb11783877.htm
(c) 2014 PRWEB.COM Newswire
[ Back To Technology News's Homepage ]