Bavarian Nordic A/S - Report on the Results of the Annual General Meeting, held 24 April 2014
(Thomson Reuters ONE Via Acquire Media NewsEdge)
KVISTGÅRD, Denmark - April 24, 2014 - Bavarian Nordic A/S (OMX: BAVA, OTC:
BVNRY) today held the Annual General Meeting with the results as follows:
* The Annual Report for 2013 was adopted. The Board of Directors' proposal to
transfer the Company's result to next year was also adopted.
* The General Meeting adopted a resolution to discharge the Board of Directors
and the Board of Management from their obligations.
* Gerard van Odijk, Claus Bræstrup, Anders Gersel Pedersen, Erik G. Hansen and
Peter Kürstein were re-elected to the Board of Directors. The Chairman of
the Board, Asger J. Aamund has chosen not to be nominated for re-election.
The Board of Directors constituted itself with Gerard van Odijk as Chairman.
* Deloitte Statsautoriseret Revisionspartnerselskab was re-elected as
* The proposal to extend the Board of Directors authorization to increase the
share capital of the Company until 30 June 2015 was adopted.
* The proposal to increase and extend the Board of Directors authorization for
issuing Warrants was adopted.
* The suggested remuneration of the Board of Directors for the current
financial year was approved.
* The Board of Directors was authorized to let the Company purchase its own
* The proposal to change the Company's corporate language to English was
* The proposal that future general meetings may be held in either Danish or
English as resolved by the Board of Directors, and that documents prepared
for use by general meetings may also be prepared in Danish or English as
resolved by the Board of Directors was approved.
* The proposal that the Company's annual reports and interim financial reports
going forward are only prepared in English was approved.
* The proposal to adopt new general guidelines for incentive remuneration of
the board and management in Bavarian Nordic A/S was approved.
Anders Hedegaard, President & CEO.
Rolf Sass Sørensen, Vice President Investor Relations (EU). Phone
+45 61 77 47 43
Seth Lewis, Vice President Investor Relations (US). Phone + 1 978-298-5654
About Bavarian Nordic
Bavarian Nordic is an international biotechnology company developing and
manufacturing novel cancer immunotherapies and vaccines for infectious diseases.
Lead product candidates are PROSTVAC®, an immunotherapy product candidate for
advanced prostate cancer that is the subject of an ongoing pivotal Phase 3
clinical trial and IMVAMUNE®, a non-replicating smallpox vaccine candidate in
Phase 3 development, which is being developed and supplied for emergency use to
the U.S. Strategic National Stockpile under a contract with the U.S. Government.
The vaccine is approved in Canada under the trade name IMVAMUNE and in the
European Union under the trade name IMVANEX®.
Bavarian Nordic's shares are listed on NASDAQ OMX Copenhagen under the symbol
BAVA (Reuters: BAVA.CO, Bloomberg: BAVA.DC). The company has a sponsored Level
1 ADR program listed in the US (OTC) under the symbol BVNRY.
For more information, visit www.bavarian-nordic.com.
This announcement includes forward-looking statements that involve risks,
uncertainties and other factors, many of which are outside of our control that
could cause actual results to differ materially from the results discussed in
the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements include statements
concerning our plans, objectives, goals, future events, performance and/or other
information that is not historical information. We undertake no obligation to
publicly update or revise forward-looking statements to reflect subsequent
events or circumstances after the date made, except as required by law.
This announcement is distributed by GlobeNewswire on behalf of
GlobeNewswire clients. The owner of this announcement warrants that:
(i) the releases contained herein are protected by copyright and
other applicable laws; and
(ii) they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and
originality of the information contained therein.
Source: Bavarian Nordic A/S via GlobeNewswire
[ Back To Technology News's Homepage ]