70% of digital users access Internet across multiple devices [Radio and Television Business Report (RBR-TVBR)]
(Radio and Television Business Report (RBR-TVBR) Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Millennial Media released "Cross-Screen Consumer Behavior Decoded," a report that explores how demographics, content, and time of day influence cross-screen consumer behavior. The acceleration of multiple device ownership with faster network access around the globe has fueled the ability to reach consumers as they move from screen to screen. Working with marketing and measurement company comScore, this report was designed to educate brands, publishers and developers on the growing cross-screen movement in the advertising industry.
Key findings in the report include:
• The digital universe (Internet users) continues to expand – up 4% since April 2013 to 201 million users.
• Mobile-only users have grown at nine times this rate, while PC-only users have decreased 45% during the same period.
• 70% of digital users now access the Internet across both mobile and PC – up from 63% a year ago – due to consumers' increased comfort moving across a number of devices to stay connected and consume content.
"The challenge for marketers is to understand how to communicate effectively with today's cross-platform customers and uncover the right opportunities to reach them," said Mollie Spilman, EVP, Global Sales and Operations at Millennial Media. "Our cross-screen report is designed to educate the industry on user behavior and how to best reach audiences as they move across screens throughout the day. To be successful marketers, we must create consistent experiences, independent of the media we use in our daily lives."
This custom study analyzes cross-screen behaviors and content consumption among four key demographic groups: 18- to 24-year-olds, men aged 25-49, women aged 25-49, and people over the age of 50. Among the findings, mobile-only users ages 18-24 grew six percentage points in the year, while their time spent on smartphones grew 20%. The number of mobile users aged 50+ grew 17% in the last year, while the number of 50+ PC-only users decreased by the same amount.
Among the findings:
• 61% of online time spent with Weather content occurs on a smartphone. Other top smartphone content types include Streaming Radio (79%), Games (79%), and Social Media (61%).
• 80% of time spent with B2B content is still on a PC. Other top PC content types include Business/Finance (62%) and Sports (56%).
(c) 2014 Streamline RBR, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Provided by Syndigate.info, an Albawaba.com company
[ Back To Technology News's Homepage ]