Jelastic Introduces Industry's Most Advanced Ruby Support with PaI 2.2
(PR Web Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) New York City, Cloud Computing Expo (PRWEB) June 10, 2014
Jelastic, the first company to deliver Platform-as-Infrastructure combining both PaaS and IaaS into a single, turnkey cloud solution, today announced the general availability of Platform-as-Infrastructure (PaI) 2.2. The new version broadens Jelastic's enterprise cloud and multi-language PaaS capabilities by adding the industry's most comprehensive Ruby support, a new API combined with the industry's only GUI for improved simplicity for developers, and a one-click app marketplace. Because of the new improvements that PaI 2.2 offers, Ruby architects and developers can deploy new or legacy applications to the cloud without any code changes, providing them with a scalable, highly-available and secure environment in seconds, making it ideal for more demanding agile development and DevOps practices.
"At Elastx, we have had significant demand from our customers for Ruby support by Jelastic. PaI version 2.2 provides customers with a comprehensive Ruby implementation that is fast, flexible and supports all popular Ruby app servers and tools, accelerating implementation and driving down cost," said Henrik Grankvist, Business Development Manager, Elastx.
"Locaweb already offers Jelastic's Java and PHP implementation to many customers. Jelastic has not just added Ruby support, but has provided industry-leading Ruby performance and flexibility with this implementation. Now Ruby developers can easily build, implement and deploy new and legacy applications in the cloud without sacrificing performance, availability or security," said Dov Bigio, Product Manager at Locaweb.
Jelastic PaI 2.2 offers several new key product features including:
Ruby features in 2.2
• BYOA for Java, PHP and now Ruby - Only Jelastic PaI 2.2 offers a "Bring Your Own App" feature that supports any Ruby app, Ruby version or library engine including Ruby on Rails, Sinatra, Rack, Ramaze, Exex.JS, all ruby gems, JRuby and GIT/SVN, without the need to change or recode, eliminating vendor lock-in and saving countless hours of recoding.
• High-performance Ruby support - Jelastic offers the latest Ruby app servers with load balancing for the highest performance. For example, Jelastic offers fast, easy configuration of Unicorn, Puma or Passenger with NGINX via the GUI or API.
• Unlike other PaaS providers, Jelastic's Ruby support offers full access to configuration files for performance tuning and customization, providing leading flexibility for developers and DevOps. Other Features in 2.2
• New API - Jelastic has always saved developer time and effort with the industry's only GUI for application setup and deployment. Now Jelastic offers developers full programmatic access to a comprehensive API.
• New One-Click App Marketplace offers 200+ popular apps available for one-click set-up and deployment from Jelastic's GUI, saving time by automatically installing and configuring the application. ISVs and hosting service providers can also use a Jelastic "widget" to provide one-click access to applications for their customer. This allows ISVs to capture customers earlier in the buying cycle and eliminates the time consuming task of marketing apps to hundreds of individual marketplaces.
• Additional OpenShift Cartridge Support - added support for Jetty8 and 9, JBoss 7 and Apache 2.2
• New SSH support for remote programmatic access to servers
• New collaboration features allowing environments to be shared among users or groups of users
• Improved high-availability and backup features
• Beta support for Python
• Support for JDK version 8 "There is strong, growing demand among developers, IT operations and devops teams to leverage multiple languages and multiple infrastructures without sacrificing time-to-market, quality or uptime -- the type of service provided by Jelastic," said Jay Lyman, 451 Research Senior Analyst. 'With today's market driving faster software development and deployment cycles, we expect the trend of polyglot programming and this demand to continue." "Enterprises need cloud solutions they can begin using on day one, not one thousand and one, or even one hundred and one," said Ruslan Synytsky, CTO of Jelastic. "Supporting Java, PHP and now Ruby continues our commitment to simplify development and deployment of applications in the cloud, providing immediate ROI for enterprises worldwide." Platform-as-Infrastructure
• Jelastic's Platform-as-Infrastructure is a turnkey cloud solution that can be deployed as a private, public or hybrid cloud by enterprises or hosting service providers.
• Platform-as-Infrastructure combines the traditional paradigms of Platform-as-a-Service and Infrastructure-as-a-Service to provide a comprehensive Java, Ruby and PHP hosting platform.
• Jelastic achieves significant deployment, management and operational savings by delivering a turnkey cloud platform, for a fraction of the cost of existing virtualization solutions.
• For developers, Jelastic provides one-click deployment and automatic scalability of Java, Ruby and PHP applications without the need to code to proprietary APIs.
Jelastic, Inc., provides enterprise software that re-defines the economics of cloud deployment and management. Jelastic delivers Platform-as-Infrastructure, combining the flexibility of IaaS and the ease of use of PaaS within a single turnkey platform, at a fraction of the cost of existing virtualized environments. Jelastic, headquartered in San Mateo, California, enables enterprises and hosting service providers to unleash the full potential of the cloud. For more information or to start a free, two-week trial, visit us at http://www.jelastic.com.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/06/prweb11925190.htm
(c) 2014 PRWEB.COM Newswire
[ Back To Technology News's Homepage ]