Sid Peimer' Strategy in a Day training course [Bizcommunity (South Africa)]
(Bizcommunity (South Africa) Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Is it possible to get to grips with strategy in just one day? The short answer is yes.
Can we turn you into producing amazing strategies from day one? The short answer is maybe.
Is it possible to get to grips with strategy in just one day? The short answer is yes.
Can we turn you into producing amazing strategies from day one? The short answer is maybe.
If you understand the basics, then just like driving a car, the more you do it the better you get. We can't practice for you, but we can make you understand how everything works, giving you deep insight into strategic planning. So now when you're driving strategy you'll have a clear understanding of where to go and how to get there irrespective of what happens along the way.
Everyone agrees that strategy is important, but very few agree on what strategy actually is. With Strategy in a Day you will get to the very foundations of strategy, 'getting it' from the ground up. You will be stimulated and amazed as Sid Peimer takes you through the twists and turns of strategic planning to emerge with a vista on planning you never thought possible. Guaranteed.Who should attend?
- Account Executives/Managers/Directors who want to add value to their function/business.
- Strategic planners with less than five years' experience in the planning function (or seasoned planners who'd like a fresh perspective).
- Business owners or business unit directors.
- Brand custodians who wish to develop a greater understanding of their brand's strategic options.
- Creatives who want to produce more impactful work that is still 'on strategy'.
- Other professionals who wish to evaluate a career in strategic planning.
- Those qualified in the 'hard sciences' such as engineering, who need to be able to formulate what is essentially an outcome that is 'open' as opposed to formulaic answers that science demands.
- Entrepreneurs and anyone for which strategic planning is a critical success factor.Course outline
The course is divided into modules incorporating all the skills required to master the four-step regimen required for effective strategic planning: extract-analyse-construct-communicate. These modules do not run sequentially, but are built on throughout the day.
Please note: there is no popping in for specific content, and no substituting of delegates during the day - it is disruptive to the other students (however companies can send delegates other than those they booked for).
- Arriving at a practical definition of strategy - something that actually works
- Loaded with case studies: LEGO - from near bankruptcy to stardom, iPod vs Walkman, the Microsoft Zune, Lion lager (don't mention the beer), Zima, BN, TomTom, the Belgium Coke incident, Robin Hood and more...
- The (somewhat sordid) evolution of modern strategic planning
- Strategic planning schools of thought
- The business, marketing and communications strategy
- The crucial role of problem definition
- The relationship between goals, objectives, strategies and tactics (untangling the mess)
- And plans? Where do they fit it?
- Why strategies are stories: Kamishibai
- The inverted pyramid and other communication essentials to get your strategy across
- Digital strategy overview (and why nothing has changed since Pompeii)
- Deliberate, unrealised and emergent strategies
- Occam's Razor applied to: Consumer Based Brand Equity, Positioning and Segmentation
- Sadistic statistics
- When research goes horribly wrong
- Brand ecosystems
- Pitching for new business
- Lessons from Dr SeussAbout your facilitator
The course is facilitated by Sid Peimer. He has planned in virtually every category - from start-ups to blue chip; from prescription drugs to FMCG. He has also mentored and trained strategic planners who have made their mark in the industry today. Sid qualified in pharmacy, but woke up with a jolt to discover the creative world of advertising. The agencies he worked for before establishing Stratplanning include Grey, Leo Burnett and Ogilvy. His life reads as somewhat of an adventure novel, covering many eclectic areas: shop assistant, CEO of a chemicals company, door-to-door salesman, copywriter, creative director, national franchise manager, retail pharmacist, manufacturing pharmacist, laboratory assistant, professional actor, suntan sprayer, karate instructor, SARA-rated river guide and lecturer in marketing and consumer behaviour. He is a popular speaker and trainer for both the private, academic and NGO sectors. He is the author of The Clear Win - Pitching for new business, the strategies that work; the myths that don't - available on Amazon (only $1 on kindle!).
He lives in Cape Town, consulting and training on strategy nationwide. He writes extensively for Bizcommunity.What delegates say about our strategy courses
- Loved it - would highly recommend
- Awesome stuff - gave me great insights
- I now 'get' strategy
- I thought it would be boring
- Excellent content
- I can apply what I learnt
- More interesting and exciting than I thought
- Informative and entertaining
- Beyond expectations
- Loved all the examples
- I just wanted to thank you for the very insightful workshop. I found the course outline very entertaining and the content was fascinating
- My colleagues and I thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to the next one
"I attended your course over 11 years ago. The impact it had on my life was immense. Thank you." -Tseko ShibambuBook today: Fees and registration details
Only R1,999 ex VAT pp!!
Cost includes lunch, teas, smoke breaks (not the cigarettes).
For enquiries and registration, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 084 387 1901
Delegates need not bring anything - but if you are sending someone from your company please make sure they have gone over the syllabus either on this page or the course website.
We accept all major credit cards via PayPal.Cape Town and Johannesburg and now Durban and PE!
Cape Town: 26 June 2014
Port Elizabeth: 8th July 2014
Johannesburg: 16th July 2014
Durban: 24th July 2014
To get the full itinerary for the rest of the year, contact Zelda Lawson on email@example.com or 084 387 1901 | 071 656 1206Venues
Cape Town: Cape Town Graduate School of Business, Breakwater Campus, 8 Portswood Road, Green Point. Directions here
Note that no parking is available at the main entrance - coming down Portswood Road to the Waterfront, turn first right to find the parking. If the parking is full, then park in the BP parking for R10 - you will be refunded.
Johannesburg: FNB Conference and Learning Centre, 114 Grayston Drive, Sandown, Sandton. Directions here.
Durban: Gateway Hotel, Corner Boulevard and Twighlight Drive, Gateway. Directions here
PE: TBC Who has Stratplanning inside?
Thousands of people have benefited from Stratplanning's training and consulting, some of which include:
25AM, AAA School of Advertising, ABSA, AdVentures, AdVTech, Affinity, Africa Red, Afrikings, Aristos, Artifact, AVstage, Bakgone Consultancy, Barclays, Beachhead Media, Berry Bush BBDO, Black Sash, Blast Brand Catalysts, Boomtown, BrainReserve, Brandsmith, Cape Cookies, Cape Peninsula University of Technology, Caxton Magazines, Cell C, Chillibush, Conceptualise, Creative Counsel, Creative Performance, Creative Zoo, DDB South Africa, Delirium Advertising, Department of Public Enterprise, DraftFCB, Elements, Engen, Etv, Expotrends, Faction Media, FCB, FD Communications, Fine Healthcare, Forwardslash, Fountainhead, Four Pin Plug, Fuse Net Solutions, Hardy Boys, Havas, Healthshare, Hellocomputer, Hot Salsa, Idea Engineers, Imperial Bank Medical Finance, Indigo Marketing, Inroads Advertising, Inzalo Communications, iProspect, Ireland Davenport, Joe Public, Johannesburg University, Juta, King James, KPMG, Legal Resource Centre, Leo Burnett, Lesoba Difference, Lobedu Leo Burnett, LoweBull, Luci Ferin, McEwan Advertising, Media Assault, Media Shop, Mediacore, Medshield, Metropolitan Republic, Missing Link, Mortimer Harvey, Mr. Delivery, MSC Business College, MEC Carat, Multichoice, Naledi Media, Native, Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, Nedbank Limited, Netcare, Nine Yards Communications, Nkuzi Development Association, Now Media, Oaktree Marketing, OFYT, Ogilvy Healthworld, Old Mutual, ORD, Paddington Station, PR Worx, PRIMAproximity, Promise Group, Publicis, Purpleberry, Radioheads and United Stations, Red Cross Children's Hospital Trust, Regenesys, SA Institute for Advancement, Robot Dwarf, SA Institute for Security Studies, Saatchi & Saatchi, Sabinet Online, Salient, Singh & Sons, Spur Restaurants, Standard Bank, Statosal, Strategixc Shift, Strika Communications, Studentwise, Studies in Poverty and Inequality Institute, TBWA, The Media Connection, The Mediashop, Time-Square, The Jupiter Drawing Room, Traffic Integrated, Troika Imagineering, TWT, Underline, Unilever, University of Johannesburg, University of Pretoria, University of the Western Cape, University of the Witwatersrand, Volcano Advertising, Western Cape Department of Economic Development and Tourism, Vega, Woolworths, Virgin Money, Y&R.Don't lose your seat - register today: Space is limited
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 084 387 1901 | 071 656 1206
For course content enquiries, contact email@example.com 03 082 659 9167
Course also available in-house.
All rights reserved.
(c) 2014 Bizcommunity.com Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc. (Syndigate.info).
[ Back To Technology News's Homepage ]