MMA Announces New Appointments to Global Board of Directors
(Targeted News Service Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) NEW YORK, June 25 -- The Mobile Marketing Association issued the following news release:
The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA), the leading global trade association for the mobile industry, announced today the addition of seven new industry leaders to its Global Board of Directors as well as renewals of a number of members for another term.
The addition of the high caliber of global marketers aligns directly with the MMA's recently announced 'marketer first' and innovation-focused mission and is the culmination of a strategic core part of the MMA's transformation plan. The board now comprises 80% CEOs and top 100 brand marketers vs. three years ago where only 19% of the board comprised CEOs and a single marketer, with the majority being mid-level managers.
Elected by the MMA's global membership, new board members will serve a two-year term beginning immediately. The new and re-elected board members include:
* B. Bonin Bough, VP, Global Media and Consumer Engagement, Mondelez International
* Kevin Burke, CMO, Visa
* Mary Chan, President, Global Connected Consumer, General Motors
* Luis Di Como, SVP, Global Media, Unilever
* Carolyn Everson, VP, Global Marketing Solutions, Facebook
* John Kosner, EVP, Digital & Print Media, ESPN
* Ilonka Laviz, Global Digital Marketing Director, Global eBusiness, Procter & Gamble
* Neal Mohan, VP, Display Advertising Products, Google
* Alex Moukas, CEO, Velti
* Jack Philbin, Co-Founder, President & CEO, Vibes
* John Trimble, CRO, Pandora
"This impressive list of companies and individuals is a reflection of the pivotal role of the MMA as a powerful force in leading the innovation of marketing and the transformation of business through mobile," said John Costello, Chairman of the MMA Global Board and President of Global Marketing and Innovation at Dunkin' Brands. "I am tremendously excited to work with the members of the board to drive aggressively against our core agenda and to deliver increased value to the broader global MMA membership."
Continuing board members, whose terms were not up for re-election include:
* Michael Barrett, CEO, Millennial Media
* John Costello, President, Global Marketing and Innovation, Dunkin' Brands
* Cameron Clayton, President, Digital Group, The Weather Company
* Jennifer Creegan, GM Brand Advertising, Online Services Division, Microsoft
* Tom Daly, Group Director, Global Connections, The Coca-Cola Company
* Scott Ferber, Chairman & CEO, Videology
* Jack Haber, VP Global Advertising & Digital, Colgate-Palmolive Company
* Simon Khalaf, President & CEO, Flurry
* Scott Kveton, CEO, Urban Airship
* Richard Sadowsky, CEO, Voltari
* Dipanshu Sharma, Founder & CEO, xAd
* Naveen Tewari, Founder & CEO, InMobi
* Alan Yan, Founder & CEO, AdChina
* Wanda Young, VP, Media & Digital Marketing, Walmart
"I am honored to be able to welcome this impressive list of marketing and media leaders to the Global Board of the MMA," said Greg Stuart, CEO of MMA. "The makeup of the new board fulfills on the vision we've had to completely transform and relaunch the MMA to be the global leader in supporting brand marketers effectively execute against their mobile marketing and business strategies. This list of incredible companies is a testament to our current membership and to the incontrovertible importance mobile now plays in marketing and advertising."
As part of the MMA's transformation, the MMA is aggressively implementing new programs that deliver against the three pillars of the MMA's mission to build capabilities, inspire innovation and prove the impact and effectiveness of mobile. The MMA is the only truly global media and marketing trade group and welcomes all companies across the mobile and marketing ecosystem to join the MMA's Mobile Transformation Movement.
CC AutoTriage10PkS-140625-30Furigayjane-4777394 30FurigayJane
(c) 2014 Targeted News Service
[ Back To Technology News's Homepage ]