MMA Announces New Appointments to APAC Board of Directors
(Targeted News Service Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) SINGAPORE, June 25 -- The Mobile Marketing Association issued the following news release:
The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA), the leading global trade association for the mobile industry, announced today the addition of seven new industry leaders to its APAC Board of Directors. Elected by the MMA's APAC membership, new board members will serve a two-year term beginning immediately.
Ashutosh Srivastava, Chairman & CEO, APAC & Emerging Markets, Mindshare was elected Chairman, while Andrew Knott, Vice President - Digital, McDonald's Corporation was named Vice-Chairman of the Board. Former Chairman Rahul Welde, Vice President - Media, Unilever, assumes the post of Chairman Emeritus.
The new and re-elected board members include:
* Ambrish Jain, VP Marketing, Lenovo
* Anindya Datta, Chief Mobilewalla, Mobilewalla
* Damien Cummings, VP & Chief Marketing Officer, Philips ASEAN & Pacific
* Dan Neary, Vice President of Asia Pacific, Facebook
* Dick van Motman, Chairman & CEO, Dentsu Aegis Network South East Asia
* Graham Christie, Chief Commercial Officer & Co-Founder, Big Mobile Group
* Joe Nguyen, Senior Vice President, APAC, comScore, Inc
Commenting on his role, Ashutosh said, "I'm honored to join forces with some of the best thinkers and doers in this business, as part of the new MMA APAC Board of Directors. We're looking forward to collectively helping remove hurdles, evolve universal industry standards, share insights and hard evidence of mobile's effectiveness and ways to integrate it with other media platforms. We are lucky to have the support of all the industry players who can help make this happen - publishers, telecommunications' providers, mobile hardware manufacturers, technology platforms, ad networks, agencies, and brand marketers."
Remaining board members, whose terms were not up for re-election include:
* Alan Yan, Founder & CEO, AdChina
* Andrew Knott, Vice President - Digital, McDonald's Corporation
* Ashutosh Srivastava, Chairman & CEO, Global Emerging Markets Group, MindShare
* Atul Satija, Vice President & Managing Director, APAC, InMobi
* Bessie Lee, CEO, WPP China
* Cheuk Chiang, CEO Asia Pacific, Omnicom Media Group
* Don Kim Donghyun, Associate Director, Asia, Digital and Mobile Marketing Leader, Procter & Gamble
* Joshua Maa, Founder & CEO, Madhouse Inc.
* KF Lai, CEO & Co-founder, BuzzCity
* Leah Jimenez, Digital Media Group Head, SMART Communications, Inc
* Leonardo O'Grady, Director ASEAN Integrated Marketing & Communications, The Coca-Cola Company
* Maggie Ng, Director, Digital Media, Prudential Corporation Asia
* Michelle Froah, CMO, Apps Strategy Labs
* Rahul Welde, Vice President - Media, Unilever
* Robert Woolfrey, Managing Director - APAC, Millennial Media
* Vishnu Mohan, CEO, Havas Media Asia Pacific
"Mobile continues to push APAC marketers to re-think the way they approach marketing and to use data and technology to engage with consumers. The conversation has shifted towards how we can build capabilities and further help the ecosystem to leverage mobile," said Rohit Dadwal, Managing Director for MMA APAC. "I'm confident that under the guidance of the new Board, our members will be able to leverage the MMA's resources and network to accelerate mobile marketing in their business."
Ashutosh added, "While consumers spend most of their time accessing information and entertainment on their mobile devices, there is still a lot of work to be done before mobile becomes the heart of all brand marketing efforts. Marketing is increasingly heading towards an always-on, real time optimization approach, built around the idea of brands as publishers, and we see mobile media devices as central to bringing this concept to life."
CC AutoTriage10PkS-140625-30Furigayjane-4777406 30FurigayJane
(c) 2014 Targeted News Service
[ Back To Technology News's Homepage ]