Regents Appoint Med Center Development Board of Directors
(Targeted News Service Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) OMAHA, Neb., July 18 -- The University of Nebraska Medical Center issued the following news release:
The University of Nebraska Board of Regents today approved the appointment of seven individuals to oversee development projects near the University of Nebraska Medical Center.
The regents approved the creation of the Med Center Development Corporation in May. Today, they approved the following to serve on its Board of Directors:
* Jeffrey P. Gold, M.D., chancellor, UNMC; (chair)
* Donald Leuenberger, vice chancellor for business & finance, UNMC;
* Deborah Thomas, senior associate vice chancellor for business & finance, UNMC;
* Robert Reidy, vice president, land, buildings and real estate, Stanford University;
* Clark Lauritzen, president, First National of Nebraska Wealth Management & Investment Banking;
* Jim McClurg, Ph.D., president, Technical Development Resources Company; and
* Ken Hansen, associate vice chancellor and director of campus facilities, UNMC.
Construction is underway on the medical center's largest project ever, the $323 million Fred & Pamela Buffett Cancer Center, which will shape cancer care, research and education. The project - occupancy is slated for 2017 - is expected to transform the area with hotels, houses, restaurants and other new development lining the streets near campus. This project and others have created opportunities for further development in the areas surrounding the campus.
The nonprofit board will help develop property on the western edge of the UNMC campus and manage private development of the property. The federally tax-exempt corporation provides a vehicle to solicit development proposals to select a development partner(s) for the property. Such private development maintains the properties on local tax rolls and encourages highly innovative development.
TNS 30TagarumaMar-140719-4802921 30TagarumaMar
(c) 2014 Targeted News Service
[ Back To Technology News's Homepage ]