#MobileRocks SA Part 3 - Mobile activities [Bizcommunity (South Africa)]
(Bizcommunity (South Africa) Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Part 3 of the #MobileRocks review of AMPS 2013AB deals with the activities the audience are engaged with on their phones. There's amazing growth in the uptake of specific mobile and mobile internet activities across...
The first two parts of the #MobileRocks Report series have dealt with the mobile medium and mobile audience core demographic profiles - and both have received great exposure and feedback from the industry in general.
In fact, we're proud to announce that both the IAB SA (Interactive Advertising Bureau, formerly the DMMA), and the DMA SA (Direct Marketing Association) recognise the value of the analysis, and are supporting the release of the #MobileRocks Report series to its members in South Africa.
Part 3 of the #MobileRocks review of AMPS 2013AB, deals with the activities the audience are engaged with on their phones. There's amazing growth in the uptake of specific mobile and mobile internet activities across the board with some revealing insights.
Top 10 most popular activities on SA cellphones (by adult audience size):
1. Receive Please call me message : 28.7m
2. Send Please call me message : 24.5m
3. Send and Receive an SMS : 24.4m
4. Take photos : 17.7m
5. Mobile data activities : 17.5m
6. Listen Radio : 12.1m
7. Take video : 11.3m
8. Internet : 11.1m
9. IM / Chat : 10.8m
10. Download Music : 10.6m
Top 10 biggest growth activities on SA cellphones (2012-2013 by adult audience size):
1. Mobile Data activities grew by 3.7m from 13.8m to 17.5m at 27%
2. Internet grew by 3.7m from 7.4m to 11.1m at 49%
3. Take photos grew by 3.5m from 14.2m to 17.7m at 25%
4. Watch video grew by 3.5m from 3.0m to 6.4m at 116%
5. IM / Chat grew by 3.4m from 7.5m to 10.8m at 45%
6. Take video grew by 3.1m from 8.2m to 11.3m at 38%
7. Search grew by 3.1m from 6.9m to 10.0m at 44%
8. Download Music grew by 3.0m from 7.6m to 10.6m at 39%
9. Social Networking grew by 2.7m from 5.9m to 8.6m at 47%
10. Download ringtone or logo grew by 2.5m from 4.0m to 6.5m at 64%
Top 10 fasted growth activities on SA cellphones (2012-2013 by adult audience size):
1. Watch video grew by 3.5m from 3.0m to 6.4m at 116%
2. Download Apps grew by 1.5m from 2.1m to 3.7m at 71%
3. Read publication grew by 0.7m from 1.0m to 1.6m at 70%
4. Watch Online Video grew by 0.5m from 0.8m to 1.3m at 68%
5. Internet Banking grew by 1.1m from 1.6m to 2.7m at 66%
6. Download ringtone or logo grew by 2.5m from 4.0m to 6.5m at 64%
7. Subscribe to content grew by 0.6m from 1.2m to 1.9m at 50%
8. Internet grew by 3.7m from 7.4m to 11.1m at 49%
9. Social: Twitter grew by 1.0m from 2.2m to 3.2m at 47%
10. Social Networking grew by 2.7m from 5.9m to 8.6m at 47%"Taking a look at #MobileRocks Part 3, it's interesting to note that growth trends in usage or the South African market closely matches that which we're seeing globally." Says MMA SA Chair, Nicolle Harding. "Mobile video use is on the rise, increasing by a staggering 116%. This data is key to assisting the South African mobile community to identify strategic growth areas."
This report also includes a special "first to market" analysis from global research firm GfK on what android smartphone users are doing on their phones in South Africa. If you have questions about this report, the MMA or would like to explore how to effectively incorporate mobile into your marketing mix, please get in touch with us.
Get the #MobileRocks Report:
Follow the link here to access the 3nd release of the full report. It's free to download: http://lnq.in/MobileRocks.
Remember to share! Tweet your feedback and opinions to #MobileRocks
All rights reserved.
(c) 2014 Bizcommunity.com Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc. (Syndigate.info).
[ Back To Technology News's Homepage ]