SCE&G Shares 13 Tips for 2013
(Targeted News Service Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) CAYCE, S.C., Jan. 7 -- South Carolina Electric & Gas Co., a subsidiary of SCANA Corp., issued the following news release:
With the start of a new year, SCE&G is sharing 13 tips to help customers save time, energy and money in 2013:
1. Sign up for a free Home Energy Check Up - SCE&G customers can schedule a free Home Energy Check Up that includes a visual inspection to identify ways in which residential customers can better manage energy consumption. Sign up online: www.sceg.com/energywise.
2. Switch to compact fluorescent lights (CFLs) and light-emitting diode lights (LEDs) - SCE&G's ENERGY STAR Lighting Program currently offers customers instant discounts of up to $1.75 per CFL bulb and up to $10 off per bulb for LED lighting products at participating retailers throughout SCE&G's service territory. Both CFLs and LEDs consume less energy, produce less heat and can help reduce the energy required to cool your home. CFLs use up to 75 percent less energy than standard incandescent bulbs and can last up to 10 times longer. On average, LEDs last up to 22 years, or 25 times longer than traditional incandescent bulbs.
3. Take advantage of energy-saving rebates - SCE&G's Heating & Cooling and Water Heating Equipment Program includes cash-back rebates up to $525 on ENERGY STAR qualified central air conditioning systems and heat pumps and on non-electric resistance water heating equipment from licensed contractors. Rebates of up to $150 are also available for SCE&G customers who make certain heating and cooling efficiency improvements. Learn more: www.sceg.com/energywise.
4. Improve your home and save - With SCE&G's Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program, customers can receive rebates up to $2,500 for making home energy improvements recommended by a Building Performance Institute certified contractor. Learn more: www.sceg.com/energywise.
5. Choose natural gas - A smart energy choice, natural gas is efficient, reliable and clean. SCE&G customers who convert to a natural gas furnace, water heater (tank or tankless), cooktop or natural gas logs are eligible to earn bill credits up to $200. Customers can check to see if natural gas is available for their home or business at www.sceg.com/value.
6. Manage your thermostat - Set your thermostat at 68 F or lower in the winter and 78 F or higher in the summer. Each degree higher or lower can significantly increase your heating costs in winter and cooling costs in summer.
7. Register for outage text messaging - SCE&G customers can report power outages and check the status of outages via text messaging from a text-enabled cell phone/mobile device. Standard message and data rates apply. For details and registration information, visit www.sceg.com/text.
8. Report outages via mobile device - In addition to reporting outages via text messaging, SCE&G customers can report and check the status of outages via a mobile device at www.sceg.com/mobile.
9. Consider Budget Billing - SCE&G customers can avoid monthly bill fluctuations by signing up for Budget Billing. With Budget Billing, SCE&G estimates the customer's bills for the next 12 months and spreads that amount into 12 equal payments. For each of the next 12 months, the customer's bill will show actual usage, total amount due and the special Budget Billing amount. The customer simply pays the Budget Billing amount. Learn more: www.sceg.com/budgetbilling.
10. Go paperless - With paperless billing, SCE&G customers receive an e-mail when the current bill is available to view online. Customers then sign into their account, view the bill and choose how to pay it. Convenient online payments options are available and customers have access to up to 24 months of past bills, as well as to payment history. Learn more: www.sceg.com/paperless.
11. Support renewable energy through Palmetto Clean Energy (PaCE) - PaCE, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, gives customers an opportunity to buy tax-deductible blocks of green, renewable energy for as little as $4 per month and have them added to South Carolina's power supply. Learn more: http://www.palmettocleanenergy.com/.
12. Sign up to receive energy saving tips by email - SCE&G customers can receive news and tips on being energy efficient and how to save energy and money with online tools, appliance information, special offers, rebates, incentives and more: www.sceg.com/energywise.
13. Follow SCE&G on Twitter and Facebook - Stay on top of company news, storm updates and more via Twitter and Facebook: www.twitter.com/scegnews and www.facebook.com/scegnews.
To learn more about the rebates and incentives available to SCE&G customers, as well as tips and ideas on how to be more energy wise, visit www.sceg.com/energywise or call 1-877-510-7234.
TNS C-sm92 130108-mt93-4160490 61MarlizTagarum
(c) 2013 Targeted News Service
[ Back To Technology News's Homepage ]