Second suspect in shooting death of Modesto teen arrested
MODESTO, Jan 17, 2013 (The Modesto Bee - McClatchy-Tribune Information Services via COMTEX) --
A second suspect in the shooting death of a Modesto teenager was arrested on Thursday morning, authorities said.
Demaris Hunter, 33, of Modesto was taken into custody after detectives obtained more information on Wednesday into the shooting death of Marty Kent, 17, who was killed earlier this month outside his house in the 900 block of Leon Avenue.
On Wednesday morning, detectives made a first arrest in the case when they took Richard Lionheart Teputepu, 19, into custody after serving a search warrant of a south Modesto home.
Teputepu is being held without bail in Stanislaus County Jail on a murder charge.
Bejaran said Hunter also was arrested on a murder charge. There was no further information on where he's being housed or if a bail amount was set.
Bejaran also did not immediately have information on additional suspects, who specifically shot Kent or other circumstances surrounding the case.
On Jan. 2, deputies responded to a call in the early evening of shots fired at the home. When they arrived, they found the 17-year-old lying near the doorway. Bejaran said there had been a fight in front of the single-story home just before the shooting.
We'll have more on the story as information becomes available.
Anyone with information about this investigation can call Detectivve Jon McQueary at 209-525-7099. You can also leave an anonymous tip by calling Crime Stoppers at (209) 521-4636. Tipsters can also e-mail tips at http://www.modestopolice.com/CrimeStoppers, or text them to CRIMES (274637) by typing "Tip704" plus the message and be eligible for a cash reward
___ (c)2013 The Modesto Bee (Modesto, Calif.) Visit The Modesto Bee (Modesto,
Calif.) at www.modbee.com Distributed by MCT Information Services
[ Back To Technology News's Homepage ]