|[January 18, 2013]
Research and Markets: PharmaPoint: Seasonal Influenza Vaccines - China Drug Forecast and Market Analysis
DUBLIN --(Business Wire)--
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/pqzs5w/pharmapoint)
has announced the addition of GlobalData's new report "PharmaPoint:
Seasonal Influenza Vaccines China Drug Forecast and Market Analysis" to
Seasonal Influenza is a respiratory infection caused by influenza virus
that results in mild to severe symptoms, such as fever, cold and cough.
The market is heavily driven by the sales of prophylactic vaccine
treatments to prevent infection. Currently, trivalent intramuscular
vaccines such as Sanofi's Fluzone and Vaxigrip, GlaxoSmithKline's
Fluarix and FluLaval and Novartis' Fluvirin garner the majority stake of
the market. However, with the entrance of vaccines with novel routes of
administration, such as AstraZeneca's intranasal FluMist and Sanofi's
Fluzone IntraDermal, GlobalData projects a dramatic shift favoring the
adoption of such vaccines over the traditional intramuscular vaccines.
GlobalData also anticipates that manufacturers that launch quadrivlent
formulations will steal market share, patient share, and revenue from
the trivalent influenza vaccines currently available.
The Chinese influenza vaccine market is estimated to be valued at $172m
in 2012. Market growth is projected to be driven by the increase of
China's elderly population and the growth of its indigenous influenza
vaccine production capacity. The barriers to the growth of China's
influenza vaccine market include the absence of national vaccination
reimbursement program and the country's focus on pandemic/avian
- Overview of seasonal influenza, including epidemiology, etiology,
symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an
overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on the key drugs in China including product
description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for the top drugs in China from 2012 to 2022.
- Analysis of the impact of key events as well the drivers and
restraints affecting the China seasonal influenza market.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely
to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing
competitive landscape for seasonal influenza
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying
drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth
analysis of drug performance
- Obtain sales forecast for drugs from 2012 to 2022 in China.
Product Profiles - Major Brands
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/pqzs5w/pharmapoint
Source (News - Alert): GlobalData
[ Back To Technology News's Homepage ]