Research and Markets: Estonia - Telecoms, IP Networks, Digital Media and Forecasts
(M2 PressWIRE Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Dublin - Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/km7clb/estonia_telecoms) has announced the addition of the "Estonia - Telecoms, IP Networks, Digital Media and Forecasts" report to their offering.
Estonia'S Ambitious Estwin National Fibre Network Opens For Customers
The Estonian telecoms market is one of the most developed in Eastern Europe. Joining the EU in mid-2004, its regulatory regime has been determined by the EU's revised regulatory framework. The first of the Baltic States to liberalise its telecom market, competition in all sectors has led to falling consumer prices. Overall revenue has fallen steadily since 2008, a trend which is likely to continue during the next few years as further regulatory measures affecting interconnection and mobile termination rates offset increases in voice traffic and the growing broadband and mobile subscriber base.
- The number of PSTN lines continues to fall as consumers migrate to VoIP and mobile solutions. The incumbent Eesti Telekom, facing falling revenue, has shifted its focus to selling broadband subscriptions and providing IT infrastructure on which services can develop.
- LTE was launched by EMT in 2010 and its network should provide national coverage by 2014. Current average download speeds are 40Mb/s, with a maximum speed at 70Mb/s. Tele2 and Elisa have adopted a less aggressive LTE rollout, relying on customer satisfaction with their existing HSPA capabilities. Tele2 is obliged to provide 700 LTE base stations by 2016.
- The government's support of a nationwide FttX network, providing 100Mb/s broadband access for 90% of the population by 2012 and 100% by 2015, is being developed by an independent entity comprised of all major telcos. The State's EEK1 billion contribution to the project in rural and underserved areas is among the more ambitious, proportionately, in the EU. Parts of the EstWin network were switched on at the end of 2011.
This report (11th Edtion) provides a comprehensive overview of trends and developments in Estonia's telecommunications market. The report analyses the mobile, internet, broadband, digital TV and converging media sectors.?
This report is essential reading for those needing high level strategic information and objective analysis on the telecom sector in Estonia.
- Market and industry analyses, trends and developments;
- Facts, figures and statistics;
- Industry and regulatory issues;
- Major Players, Revenues, Subscribers, ARPU, MoU;
- Internet, VoIP, IPTV;
- Mobile Voice and Data Markets, LTE and HSPA developments;
- Broadband (FttH, DSL, cable TV, wireless);
- Convergence and Digital Media;
- 3G subscriber and mobile ARPU forecasts to 2015;
- Broadband market forecasts for selective years to 2020.
- Tele2 Eesti
- Baltic Broadband
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/km7clb/estonia_telecoms
Research and Markets,
Fax from USA: 646-607-1907
Fax from rest of the world: 353-1-481-1716
Sector: Telecommunications and Networks (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/categories.asp?cat_id=20&campaign_id=km7clb)
((M2 Communications disclaims all liability for information provided within M2 PressWIRE. Data supplied by named party/parties. Further information on M2 PressWIRE can be obtained at http://www.presswire.net on the world wide web. Inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org)).
(c) 2012 M2 COMMUNICATIONS
[ Back To Technology News's Homepage ]