D-Link (News - Alert), a provider of networking solutions that integrate capabilities in switching, wireless, broadband, storage, IP Surveillance, and cloud-based network management, announced the availability of its first portable 11AC router, the Wi-Fi AC750 Portable Router and Charger (DIR-510L).
Customers are connecting more devices now than ever before and they need a solution that can help keep up with them. 11AC is the fifth generation of Wi-Fi technology that can deliver good speed and whole-home coverage which can be rated as thrice better than the current Wi-Fi. AC750 Wi-Fi offers users fast speeds and a range of advanced features, ensuring superior range and data transfer to and from connected devices.
The new 510L lets its users to connect to smartphones and mobile devices supporting 11AC. Leveraging dual band technology to bypass radio congestion and interference, the DIR-510L can deliver a total of 750Mbps using the combined throughput of its 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands.
“The demand for ubiquitous Wi-Fi in today’s increasingly connected world makes the Wi-Fi AC750 Portable Router an essential addition to any traveler’s kit,” said Ken Loyd (News - Alert), director of consumer product marketing, D-Link Systems, Inc.
“Leveraging the latest 11AC Wi-Fi technology, which boasts speeds up to three times faster than Wireless N, the DIR-510L ensures high-performance range and data transfer speeds for the ultimate in on-the-go connectivity,” Loyd added.
Key features of DIR-510L include;
- The DIR-510L delivers several advanced product features for mobile users to easily connect, share and charge on-the-go, including:
- High-Capacity Battery – Built-in 4000mAh rechargeable battery keeps gadgets charged and ready for use, including tablets
- Two USB Ports – Allows for simultaneous file sharing and 3G/4G/LTE (News - Alert) modem connectivity; plug in a 3G/4G/LTE USB modem to share an Internet connection or use a USB flash drive to stream content to various mobile devices
- mydlink SharePort – Allows users to stream content from a connected USB drive to multiple mobile devices using the free mobile app
- Easy Setup – Automatically detects connection type – broadband router, mobile router, hotspot for optimal speed and savings; user-friendly interface stores connection details to help keep all devices connect automatically
- Universal Plug and Play and Built-in DLNA Server – Streams multimedia smoothly and securely across devices and appliances, including smart TVs, gaming consoles and media PCs
The Wi-Fi AC750 Portable Router and Charger (DIR-510L) is currently made available on Amazon.com (News - Alert), Frys.com, and throughout D-Link’s vast network of retail and e-tail outlets for $99.99 EDLP.
Edited by Cassandra Tucker